Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent. I going to go "play" this weekend on the beach. Got a big coil for the machine, so we'll see how that works.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
smokey,same time same place,and how did it go at the museum.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wasn't in. Yes, same place same time. I found a patch of about 50 items, but no coins after you left last week. Farther south. It was in a narrow strip we all missed earlier or maybe the tide uncovered in high sand, but got 4 buttons, at least 3 are 18th century, not sure about the 4th one, and that was nice, 30 odd pieces of ships brass, all small, not including the cell phone, silver ring (new) silver chain piece (new and insignificant) two nickels and one new penny. Weather will be rough Saturday but NOAA is calling for up to 20' seas (and an astronomical high tide) and a nor'easter so I can't stay home and clean the cat box. I have the big coil coming tomorrow, so it could be interesting. I understand they suck batteries, though. Bought a nice quarter guinea recently. Maybe I can use it as "bait" to get one off the beach. New coil will add about half a pound, but I think that's ok.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
10-4 will have the foul weather gear,got this one 20 feet from the last.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I aint' goin in the water. Pic attached. This is lead and just over 1" long. Any idea what it is? And the button, I always assumed these were 19th century, but this one is super thick. Any idea on the age? thing.jpg button.jpg button1.jpg

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I like the jeep, grizj

Good luck on your next hunt.

Lorraine

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the button has no marks on it whatsoever.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Will look it up in the button book.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we got skunked yesterday. When we left i went and visiting the local museum, but the person I wanted to see wasn't there. So it's 12:15 pm or so and too early to go home. So I decided to try the beach again by 1PM after lunch, and parked at the other road and went south. There were hardly any signals out there, but 2 other people had come out, but I did pick up a 1961 quarter. Wind died down some and it warmed up 10 degrees so it was sort of ok. I got down almost to the bridge abutment and got 1 copper penny with rocks still attached, so that made it worthwhile and started to head out. A third of the way home I decided I was too blasted tired to drive (thank you curb), so headed back to a motel and spent the night. Got up early, no wind and much warmer. Sand was thawed. Worked the base line of a dune and pulled out another although nasty looking copper, another quarter and 2 modern pennies. Those pennies disintegrate in salt sand. Also got a cell phone, car fob and two, yes, two pulltabs. I think a couple small pieces of ships brass too, but I have to pull them back out to check. VERY few targets were out there. Was able to get down into the wash, but only got a couple modern pennies out of them.

OP
OP
grizj

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Good for you smokey did you go to the other also,goldielocks is down till i get a pot,Have to take buckwheat out to play next week.maybe see you same time same place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread