Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My family and I are going on a cruise at the beginning of March. We will be leaving on a Saturday, but staying in a hotel at Cocoa Beach Friday night. I was thinking about taking my metal detector to try out early Saturday morning before we board the ship. My question is, is it worth it? Do people find good stuff on the beach, or should I just forget it?

If I do take it, does anyone have any tips? Where to go, what part to search, what things I should take. Anything will help.

Thanks

Decided to move this here since it's more fitting. Didn't know it was here until after I posted it originally. Thanks again.

Upvote 0

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Elijah,

Good Luck down in the Sunshine State!

I was just out in Somerset two weeks ago when the temperature was 1 degree in the morning and the wind was howling at 25MPH. I was installing a machine at the CVS Distribution Center there. I live over near York, PA.

Don't forget to keep us all updated.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Elijah,

Good Luck down in the Sunshine State!

I was just out in Somerset two weeks ago when the temperature was 1 degree in the morning and the wind was howling at 25MPH. I was installing a machine at the CVS Distribution Center there. I live over near York, PA.

Don't forget to keep us all updated.

Thanks!
That weather flat out sucked. Thankfully it was in the lower 40's today, and it's supposed to be a little higher tomorrow with rain. Hopefully it melts all the snow and thaws the ground out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread