lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

This morning, I concocted a plan to avoid back breaking shoveling :icon_scratch::

Hank and I would situate our cars at the beginning of our long, narrow driveway during this storm, and every 2 hrs. we would move the cars forward and backward along the driveway paving down the snow..thus keeping the driveway free of deep snow ???

Well, the plan backfired; snow is falling so fast that we got to the plan too late....:BangHead:

Both cars got stuck as we tried to move them; but Hank prevailed and we're good for the next hour...maybe:dontknow:

And it's just the beginning:cat:
Here's a couple of pics....wish I was in Florida right now.8-)

Thanks for looking

Stay safe everyone.

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF2032.JPG
    DSCF2032.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF2033.JPG
    DSCF2033.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF2034.JPG
    DSCF2034.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine I fell for you, but it is still 72 degrees here in Naples Fl at 4:45 pm. the closes snow is 1400 miles . Have fun .

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Mr.Hank needs a snow blower.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great idea Lorraine, too bad it didn't work properly for you.
it's actually the plan I have on the back burner,
IF I ever get a foot or more predicted here.
normally I do circles & Donuts in my yard to Mess the snow up

We've been downgraded to an inch on this one, but I'm still a little hesitant to believe that
for my town. No snow around me but everything is coated white already up here on top, hmm just heard a Plow I think :icon_scratch:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
makes me glad I live in global warming area ( awaiting attack)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, could have told you (from many years of Minnesota winters) that wouldn't work. I hope you have a nice big snow blower in the garage, or a friend with a plow, because that's about the only thing that will get you out. Next to my two detectors, my snowblower is my favorite piece of equipment.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Yup, could have told you (from many years of Minnesota winters) that wouldn't work. I hope you have a nice big snow blower in the garage, or a friend with a plow, because that's about the only thing that will get you out. Next to my two detectors, my snowblower is my favorite piece of equipment.

Hi Susan,

Got neither, but we'll manage; snow is accumulating rapidly ....we'll be hibernating for a few days. We have no important appointments or needs so we're not worried.

Hank used to have a snow blower, but it broke.

My family lives in the north of CT...they are in worse shape than are we.

Lorraine

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter lives on Long Island and the White Death is already there. Hurricane Nemo. Weather Channel said it was the same track as Sandy, but I've been at work all day and can't look up the net while there.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
My daughter lives on Long Island and the White Death is already there. Hurricane Nemo. Weather Channel said it was the same track as Sandy, but I've been at work all day and can't look up the net while there.

It looks to be the same track as Sandy.

I'm surprised that there are so many vehicles ( citizen) on I95...visibility is very poor at this time.

The above photos posted are mild compared to what it looks like at this time; we've given up on the plan of moving the cars backward and forward...it's not going to do much good at this point...and they are barely visible now.

Lorraine

Last edited:

Subchaser

Dec 25, 2012
Ledyard, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in southeast CT...went out just before dark and snow blowed the driveway, it's about 300 feet long and about the time I finished there was already two more inches on where I started. Just gonna let it fall and clear it all out tomorrow afternoon when it lets up.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lorraine,

Just did my 3rd round of driveway clearing....using a big scoop probably about 12" so far and still coming down....makes me feel like invading Florida....heck if I have to dig....I'd at least like a chance at gold and silver....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon, global warming? Of course, the SUN is getting hotter. Some places are having thunder snow now in the northeast. I've seen/heard it a few times in past years, it's really a wild thing.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I feel for you,89 here yesterday and 75 today,A/C on.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Started plowing last night. Broke second shovel of the season this morning. More plowing today. Bought 2 more shovels.
Been a mild season till now. Hang in all,green beer day coming with spring not far behind.:leprechaun-hat:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not going to get hit from this storm, so far so good this winter.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to scoop some beach sand a few times today in the face of a sturdy 78 degree southerly breeze while wearing a wetsuit in unseasonably warm water. Does that count? :laughing7:

But seriously, you folks up north best hunker down by the fire pit until she blows over. :icon_thumleft:

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff-Gordon, global warming? Of course, the SUN is getting hotter. Some places are having thunder snow now in the northeast. I've seen/heard it a few times in past years, it's really a wild thing.
I heard thunder here in Cape May this afternoon :dontknow: weird storms are common in my area lately a few derechos , stinkin' Sandi , now Nemo :icon_scratch: I have family in Boston , it's really bad news in NE ,,

blizzard conditions , a :censored: nightmare

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During the bliz of 78 that swept over the midwest we had thunder and pink lightening. Never will forget that. It was very cool and very strange.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like bigscoop i was in chestdeep today waves were pretty calm and water was not cold, about 70 degrees. it has been two years since i shoveled a driveway!!!!

stay safe lorraine, when you guys start digging out be sure and take small scoops and take alot of breaks. can you borrow a nighbors blower?
chuck.

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
like bigscoop i was in chestdeep today waves were pretty calm and water was not cold, about 70 degrees. it has been two years since i shoveled a driveway!!!!

stay safe lorraine, when you guys start digging out be sure and take small scoops and take alot of breaks. can you borrow a nighbors blower?
chuck.

Our neighbors are on welfare.....no dice; we'll get plowed out in a day or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread