Simple handle strap for those that have hand cramps from detecting to much!

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've had some problems lately with hand cramps since I can hunt full time... yeah, retirement sucks..... anyway, What I came up with to relieve the hand while detecting is a simple velcro strap on the shaft just behind the handle which allows the wrist to take the weight of the shaft and coil. You can actually swing the detector with an open hand allowing just your thumb and palm to control the swing. It allows me to strap in to give my hand a break and still detect.... All you need is some double sided velcro straps, one wrap around the shaft and then wrap the velcro strap over your wrist. Mine has just enough length to hold it together yet if I jerk or twist my arm, I can break free of it if I want to.
Give it a try if you have hands that cramp up after a full day of hunting, it just might allow you more time with the detector.

HH
Cliff

Attachments

• 2013-02-10 14.11.13.jpg
    2013-02-10 14.11.13.jpg
    929.3 KB · Views: 209
  • 2013-02-10 14.11.29.jpg
    2013-02-10 14.11.29.jpg
    883.3 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 2005 I crushed all the nerves in my neck leading to the fingers on my right hand, as a result I only have about 90% strength in my grip, which will continue to weaken to less then 60% the longer I bear down on things with a continuous grip. It was starting to cause me all sorts of problems that eventually started leading to a strained wrist issue. But, all better now, went to the pharmacy and had the guy direct me to a quality wrist support, think it cost me around $25.00. All my problems and issues are gone now and I can hunt all day long with no loss of strength or cramping. You may want to try this, took about a month of wearing it before I noticed a big difference. Now I only have to wear it rarely and I hunt nearly every day against strong currents. :icon_thumleft:

PS: The actuall support pieces in my wrist support are plastic so no issues there with the saltwater. Worth every penny!

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Every once in a while the wrist does need a break!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread