Cant gef the goldbug 2 to ground balance in the sand.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In wet saltwater sand it is going to go nutz. You should be OK in DRY sand. It is a single-frequency detector, and VERY sensitive, so the conductivity in the wet sand makes it ubnstable.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Goldbug 2 is a Gold detector. The salt water is the biggest source of Gold in the world . For every 1000 drops of salt water you have 1 drop of pure Gold. The problem is that the price of Gold is not high enough to get the gold out of the water.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will not groundballance to wetsalt/saltwater enviroment!!!!! hunt the drysand and it will find microgold and gold chains that other machines cant find. it will also find specs of foil that will be almost undetectable to the naked eye.
have fun!!!!!

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they are not designed for the beach should be able to get it to at least ground balance and the closer I get to the ocean the worse it gets... Any opinions or thoughts an this?
?

Thoughts........if u plan on beach hunting most of the time get yourself a excal or cz21 and use bug for dry sand.....by beach I mean water and salt beach.....if water and beach is not salty like inland water your options on detectors increase.
good luck on your quest for the yellow.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great detector..wrong location. Dry sand, desert, the GB will pickup tiny gold, however in saltwater it also reads the salt as a mineral.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Might be your GB.... I've been using my GB Pro in the dry and in the damp sand with no problems. I have had to ground balance again when leaving the dry sand but have been able to use it without any problems in the damp. Also in the damp, I haven't had to turn down the gain any... I keep it around 85% in the damp and 100% in the dry.... now if I go over the truely wet sand, that is another story.... It is amazing how much small foil there is in the dry sand.

Cliff

OP
OP
mendodaze

mendodaze

Dec 26, 2012
Thanks guys was just using my gd bug for fun while I'm at my parents at the coast .. Usually have it in gold bearing creeks and streams

DocDave

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2013
Beaumont TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m sure the salt and mineral beach water would give your GB2 a headache… The Gold Bug 2 frequency of 71kHz is much more sensitive to smaller, shallow stuff vs the GB Pro frequency of 19 kHz which works better on larger, deeper stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread