Metal Detecting in Mexico

streetglide

Aug 17, 2011
Santa Barbara ca.
Detector(s) used
Mxt, Excal. 800, 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello. I have taken both my excals to cabo, cancun and puerto V. With no problems. Here are some tips. Break down your detector and put it in a carry on bag. It stores in the over head compartment with no Problems. When you go through Mexico Customs, they will ask you a value of your detector. I tell them I bought it used on ebay for $250 and have not been charged any taxes to bring it in. The beaches in Mexico are open to the public, You can detect at all the beaches and all the resort beaches. At some resort beaches I have been asked to leave , they just don't want you bothering the guest. Just tell the guard that this is a public beach. They can not do any thing about it. Do not detect close to the beach lounges on the sand at the resorts, they do get pissy about that.I go out first thing in the morning at sunrise. The beaches are wide open with no one out. I hit all the beach lounge chair areas first. As people start to grab the lounge chairs I work my way to the water. Also ask the resort beach lifeguards or workers on the beach if any one has lost any big ticket items. They will point out a general area for that lost Item. I will be in cancun this May. That clear blue water is a blast to detect in. I have a you tube video of a cancun detecting trip. Go to you tube and type in minelab excalibur II cancun detecting . Have fun Joe in california

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sending you a PM with link to some of my mag articles