Hunted the wet sand today...

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got out today finally after being snowed in and very sick with the flu... I'm still coughing a lot but was able to get to the beach and smell that nice salt air....First area of the beach yeilded a quarter and a dime...Off to spot number 2... Rite a way I was getting greenies, so I knew I was onto something... I made a grid area and stuck with it... Soon I foun myself a junk ring with Alaska on the face... I kept moving along and finding quarters after quarters... I love quarters...lolol.... I managed a sterling (broken) ear ring with a small heart attached to it... a few minutes later I found another ring that said Aloha on it...Cool now I have 2 states in my pocket and 48 more to go...I also found what appears to be maybe an Urn ? it was empty so I am not realy sure... very heavy and has fake diamonds all over it... Maybe it was a bottle of some type that held perfum? any ideas... Thanks for looking and happy hunting.... See you all down south at the hunt.... Beach Urn (1).JPG Beach Urn (2).JPG Beach Urn (3).JPG Beach Urn (4).JPG Beach Urn (5).JPG Beach Urn (6).JPG Beach Urn (7).JPG

Upvote 0

goldringseaker

Mar 15, 2012
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Nice finds, I am very curious as well on what that is. Good luck next time.

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Cool finds Wydah... I have no clue what the urn looking thing is... my first thought prior to looking at all the pictures was it being a handle for a fire poker... until I saw it had a cap to it.... very ornate... could be interesting. Someone out there will know and I'm curious to see what they come up with on this one!

Cliff

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice:thumbsup: Congratulations:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
I am being told that it may have held perfum or smelling salts for woman who didn't like the smell of swill as they walked by on the streets back in the day... Possibly dates from the 20's?

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Whydah, I 'm glad to read that you are feeling better ..take care.

Congrats on a fine hunt with that very interesting container find.

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
[QUOTE I love quarters...lolol][/QUOTE]
Me too. For some reason, I get a sterling ring...nice, but then I get a quarter, yeah!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread