Another couple of hours at Umhlanga beach with my new Aquanaut 1280x

DETECTOR GUY

Greenie
Jan 27, 2013
Wow the wind was blowing today I had a pair of shorts on, my legs got sand blasted badly but I was finding some nice coins. Found a lot of coins with my eyes to, the wind blows the top sand away and you can see the coins. Got three trash rings and a diamond crusted ear ring also trash. My most unusual find today number 5 alum key. I found about seventy Rand which would equate to about $8 dollars but in the two hours I was at the beach I got a tone almost every step so I didn't get to far along the beach. Well with the wind, I was the only person there anyway. Tomorrow I will skip where I started today and go straight to the main swiming beach try getting in the water again not great with the big waves but I know that's were the gold is......happy hunting folks

20130220_193639.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lmkwelcfshx_e01.gif Very nice finds:icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunting...three rings of any kind is a good day...keep us updated and get that gold.

OP
OP
DETECTOR GUY

DETECTOR GUY

Greenie
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys I wish it was that easy, lookindown ,but our waves are massive and out current is to strong. that's why I know there's gold there arrrrr lots of gold me mates no one is going in the water. I have tried on a couple of occasions my aquanaut don't like moving sea water and falses permentley (or maybe there's to much gold hahaha) nice thought that. I have been watching and waiting there's bound to be a day somewhere along the line were the waves are calm enough to get in and there's no current and I am going to kill it. I am lucky I guess, in one way, cause on my beach the current is so strong that they cordon off an area and everyone has to get into the water at this spot. orders of the life guards on duty and no one is allowed to swim anywhere else. (yeehaaaa nice life guards)This is we're you will find the shark nets very comforting for me. I do a lot of deep sea fishing and I have seen massive sharks, I once saw a 4 or 5 meter hammer head shark jump right out of the water less than 10 meters away from my boat. Scared the Kak out of me. I wanted to go to the beach later but unfortunately work calls. Happy hunting my fellow gold seekers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread