Diamond Tester

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been using a " DiamondNite " from Oris Nelson Enterprise. It is simple, fast, and will test for Moissanite as well as Diamond.
WWW.RSMIZAR.COM they also have gold testers and other stuff.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try getting one that test other gem stones too

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I have been using a " DiamondNite " from Oris Nelson Enterprise. It is simple, fast, and will test for Moissanite as well as Diamond.
WWW.RSMIZAR.COM they also have gold testers and other stuff.

Ditto

Lorraine

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the diamond tester I used was broken, all the rings I found with "diamonds" came up as fakes. Ohh, that's right, they were all fake diamonds....lol

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other

juliapeter

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digital precious stone testers utilize substantial arctic conductivity regarding precious stone to determine in the event the jewel is precious stone or perhaps not necessarily. Sadly a few years previously a bogus jewel, merely sold while faceted stones, within the buy and sell brand Moissanite, emerged available on the market that will mimiced that will house also it will probably fool ANY digital precious stone tester. As well as moissanite is normally placed in high quality options... it's not a low priced jewel promoting for approximately $200 a carat as well as is the better hunting as well as hardest counterfeited available on the market... it truly is without color silicon carbide, like this black grit around the SiC sandpaper you acquire with the equipment keep!

Even so, you'll find in addition Moissanite testers listed plus they utilize electric house dissimilarities concerning precious stone as well as Moissanite to split up each. KT works on the two parts tactic. Analyze having precious stone tester. If constructive, test having having Moissanite tester, If bad for you to Moissanite, then Loupe this jewel. Moissanite it's essentially best, which is extraordinary having precious gems... there's usually several visible carbon dioxide location, icicle, or perhaps introduction in precious stone. Moissanite is also twice refractive so if you look over this jewel which has a loupe with the advantage join regarding a couple from the people, you will notice a slight twice series, an excellent single series join like precious stone mood ring.

Best of Luck in your effort.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
You should probably get at tester that will distinguish between diamond and moissanite. Regular diamond testers will be fooled by moissanite. Some of the really big stones are moissanite. I like the Mizar Diamondnite tester that a few other posters mentioned.

Lookalot

Tenderfoot
May 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digital precious stone testers utilize substantial arctic conductivity regarding precious stone to determine in the event the jewel is precious stone or perhaps not necessarily. Sadly a few years previously a bogus jewel, merely sold while faceted stones, within the buy and sell brand Moissanite, emerged available on the market that will mimiced that will house also it will probably fool ANY digital precious stone tester. As well as moissanite is normally placed in high quality options... it's not a low priced jewel promoting for approximately $200 a carat as well as is the better hunting as well as hardest counterfeited available on the market... it truly is without color silicon carbide, like this black grit around the SiC sandpaper you acquire with the equipment keep!

Even so, you'll find in addition Moissanite testers listed plus they utilize electric house dissimilarities concerning precious stone as well as Moissanite to split up each. KT works on the two parts tactic. Analyze having precious stone tester. If constructive, test having having Moissanite tester, If bad for you to Moissanite, then Loupe this jewel. Moissanite it's essentially best, which is extraordinary having precious gems... there's usually several visible carbon dioxide location, icicle, or perhaps introduction in precious stone. Moissanite is also twice refractive so if you look over this jewel which has a loupe with the advantage join regarding a couple from the people, you will notice a slight twice series, an excellent single series join like precious stone.

Best of Luck in your effort.

Juliapeter, welcome to the forum!
It seems that several people weren't able to understand your message.

Come on guys, Juliapeter is trying to help and it would seem that english is not her first language.

Her post is essentially that digital testers use thermal conductivity and that even diamond testers will be fooled by Moissanite--which is a synthetic diamond-like stone.
It is often set in precious metals.
It isn't cheap, like CZ nor is it as valuable as genuine diamonds.
Your best option is to use a Moissanite tester. Unlike CZ, Moissanite even has inclusions but they are different than the inclusions in diamonds.
Moissanite is doubly refractive, which can be seen using a loupe--for those who don't have an electronic tester.

I remember reading that it had even some fooled jewelers when it was first comercially produced.

Here is a link, for those interested in knowing more:
Moissanite

thermal

Jun 23, 2013
Detector(s) used
garrett...
Primary Interest:
Other
Put the newspaper article on the diamond.
If you see the fake letters with diamonds.
if you can not read the actual writings original diamonds.
I read somewhere that I do not know is it true.
Because of the diamond passed to my hands.
I'd love writes here in the hands of tries.
good luck.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a cheap one off free bay $15. IF you have doubts after that or are attempting to sell a honker..... have it looked at by a professional and appraised. I did notice the other day when i found a rainbow topez that it gave a diamond reading.

Dew

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely need a diamond/moissanite tester and gold test kit. So much stuff to do and so little time. It would pay for itself with several uses I believe. If you don't know what you have, you don't know how valuable it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread