Display coffee table

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The wife and I went to an estate sale over the wekend, and as soon as I walked into the living area I couldn't take my eyes off of it... It just had to be mine....Been looking for one like this for a few years... When I went back to pick it up a gentleman approached me and asked if I was interested in selling it to him for $200.00 more than I just paid for it. He too had been looking for one for a long time.... I turned him down..... I couldn't wait to get it home...I hope my finds do it justice.... Thanks for looking Happy Hunting Display Coffee Table (1).JPG Display Coffee Table (2).JPG Display Coffee Table (3).JPG Display Coffee Table (4).JPG Display Coffee Table (5).JPG Display Coffee Table (6).JPG Display Coffee Table (7).JPG

Upvote 0

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes it is... I scored on this one... I was offered almost double what I paid for it as I was loading it into the truck....

The fact I recognized it w/o so much as seeing the sides is testament to the beauty and quality of his furniture. I've got a couple of Timberlake's leather couches, a chair and an ottoman that I've been abusing for over a decade and they're still as comfy and solid as they were new. That was a very pricey piece from what I recall - well done sir! (And damn fine job filling it too!)

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
That is totally awesome. Does it have drawers to access the pieces? The 4th, 5th and 6th pics it looks like the glass is flush with edge frame but the 1st pic the glass is proud of it. Just wondering how it works.

Great find for displaying all your 'booty'.
There are 3 seperate drawers that all lock on both sides... Made of solid wood with dove tailed corners.... a true master piece for display purposes... I am going to line the other 2 drawers myself with blue velvet & red velvet, to change things up a bit.... The safety glass is beveled on all 4 sides and a half inch think, very heavy... Its such a great conversation piece.... we all gather around it now... great family time...I won't kid you, it has taken many hours of digging to gather these things and make them all come together as one...but it was worth every rainy,stormy,snowy,muddy,icey and below zero day that I went...just to display them...Thank You for enjoying! we love it...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The fact I recognized it w/o so much as seeing the sides is testament to the beauty and quality of his furniture. I've got a couple of Timberlake's leather couches, a chair and an ottoman that I've been abusing for over a decade and they're still as comfy and solid as they were new. That was a very pricey piece from what I recall - well done sir! (And damn fine job filling it too!)
you know quality when tou see it.... I still can/t believe we were the ones to secure it...

recoiljunky

Jun 10, 2007
Dothan, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Excal II
A buddy made this one for me about a year ago:

photobucket-33980-1361931455987_zps807a5cb5.jpg

The big item on the left is a whale vertebre. Otherwise there's a bunch of gravel in there with various fossils and artifacts on top of the gravel.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A buddy made this one for me about a year ago:

View attachment 748752

The big item on the left is a whale vertebre. Otherwise there's a bunch of gravel in there with various fossils and artifacts on top of the gravel.
nice work.... i had a whale vertebre for a long time...we moved and don't know what became of it....sad

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your finds certainly do that table justice, and then some.:notworthy:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet table Whydah, awesome way to show the fruits of your labor :sunny:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
sweet table Whydah, awesome way to show the fruits of your labor :sunny:
Thanks Dale, worked hard for those goodies my friend...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I have a similar table but use it for some of my Civil War and Revolutionary War items as well as degeurrotype pics from the Civil War era. Bought the table at auction for $225. Your display is much nicer.

ForumRunner_20130306_213158.png

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I have a similar table but use it for some of my Civil War and Revolutionary War items as well as degeurrotype pics from the Civil War era. Bought the table at auction for $225. Your display is much nicer.

View attachment 753923
give us a better picture of the goodies inside we wanna see it....nice table

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
give us a better picture of the goodies inside we wanna see it....nice table
Id love to see this wonderful display too, does it open up to other displays behind it...........

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks Whydah and dale, but you realize that this has nothing to do with beach hunting, only relic hunting. I happen to be on vacation right now ( can you guess what I am doing? Maybe treasure hunting?). But when I get home I will post a couple of pics. I have been thinking of adding some of my better relics to the case anyway and this may just give me the excuse to update it. Amazing how time slips by. I am just a beginner by your standards and hope to reach the level that you have achieved some day. But the display case is cool....Stuart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread