Interference

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I want to go hunt a beach that was used when I was a kid. I may not be able to because there is a set of High Voltage lines that run on one side of it. I can go to the far side of the beach and be about 1000 to 1500 yards away but I am not sure if I will run into interference from the power lines. I have a Excalibur 1000 how close do you think I can get to the lines before I run into interference or will I not be able to detec there at all?

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best way to tell you is for to go there and see , run your senitivety low . all power lines are different, so times you can get under them some times you can't, the best way to find out is for you to go there and try it out.

OP
OP
S

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you. Sure hope it works. There is a condo right where the beach use to be. Only thing there now is just sea wall and water. If there is any thing there it will be very old. I am 53 and the last time people swam there I was 10 years old so I hope to find a few things, I hope. Oh yeah thank you for telling me about the sensitivity setting. Going to wait for the water temp to come up before I go but will post later on what I find, even if its junk.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is always the option of PP mode as well. You can get a better gage of how much sensitivity you can use.

Dew

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread