Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

I am just getting back into MD and hope to use the detector when at the beach. We regularly visit Virginia Beach (mostly), Nags Head NC and Myrtle Beach SC. (my daughter surfs these areas and I hope to get some swinging in while she is in the water)

I have looked through this forum as well as many google entries and cannot seem to find a definate answer on the legality of hunting these areas.

If any of you have first hand experience with any of these three areas it would be appreciated.

Regards

Upvote 0

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem in Myrtle Beach!

Terreldactyl

Feb 26, 2013
I don't know about mding in nags head Nc but I used to live there. I would imagine there are quite a few swimming holes in currituck county that may never have been hunted.

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kitty Hawk, KDH, Nags Head are good, just don't go south of mp 21.5 in South Nags Head. That is where Hatteras National Seashore starts and detecting is a huge no no. VA beach is also ok as gravediggermax-vabeachva is out pretty much every day and posting on here.

habs

OP
OP
Skinsfan

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kitty Hawk, KDH, Nags Head are good, just don't go south of mp 21.5 in South Nags Head. That is where Hatteras National Seashore starts and detecting is a huge no no. VA beach is also ok as gravediggermax-vabeachva is out pretty much every day and posting on here.

habs

Thanx, usually stay around mp 18 so should be ok. I have been going to Nags Head for 35 years and never really noticed...anyone detecting. Va beach will have to be early or late since it is usually pretty crowded. Will reach out to gravedigger

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread