No More Tungsten!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the madness! "No More Tungsten! No More Tungsten!" :protest::laughing7:

You see them shining in the bottom your scoop, you pick them up and they're heavy, and for just a tiny moment you hope. And then you see the sharper edges and begrudgingly say, "Crap!" Chain is 925, small ring is 925, the big ring is just another nice looking crapper. :BangHead:

at.jpg

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the silver!!!!
chuck.

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tungstens great try stainless dull on the out side mirror like on the inside gotta be white gold NOT better than some other bad thing i guess

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice looking crapper...I think those tungstens are getting lost because they are so heavy.

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got a Stainless this past weekend that broke my heart!!!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice looking crapper...I think those tungstens are getting lost because they are so heavy.

I never thought about it before but I suspect you're probably right. Those buggers are heavy.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There are three posts on my local Craigslist for lost Tungsten wedding rings, and one for a found Tungsten wedding ring. I guess they are getting popular.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are three posts on my local Craigslist for lost Tungsten wedding rings, and one for a found Tungsten wedding ring. I guess they are getting popular.

I think it's probably all about the cost, money out of pocket at the time of purchase. When you look at the price of gold today fewer and fewer people can justify paying for it and even fewer are willing to risk it as an investment, especially with the added retail markup. I can understand why people are choosing to buy them as many of them do look nice and they won't show wear. Silver would be the much better lower cost investment VS gold but who wants to be cleaning that ring all the time, which would be way more often down here in all this salt air. I guess it's all in how you look at things. :dontknow:

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a tungstun ring when I got married. They are really heavy but durable, hard to crush as well so if you work with your hands alot and you hit it with something it wont bend and cause more damage to you. The reason I say had is because I lost mine a few years ago while hunting.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those Tung are slippery as heck on your finger.... gone before you know it. Like Les said ....better than nothing rattling around in the scoop. Least they look pretty.... SS, looks, smells, and tastes like junk..... cant even give those to the grand kids.

Dew

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess too many would be a bummer but it's apparent that your looking in the right places for precious metals. I always like some positive indicators that I'm in the right spot. Even a couple lead sinkers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions