Steve (Buried Crap NJ.) scores gold on a sanded in beach....(video)

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
I got out with Steve earlier this week on one of our badly sanded beaches.....we had had a small coastal go through the night before and it just wasn't long enough to take enough sand away where we needed it to to start producing below the tide line....We had a great time though....dug some targets and Steve dug a nice bonus !!

Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for posting. Nice video, good information and nice gold to boot. Beats what I have been finding but I will be back out there again on Monday, even if the tides are not being cooperative. HH, Papa

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the great video! I personally would not call that beach sanded in at all. At least you were finding stuff to dig.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out with Steve earlier this week on one of our badly sanded beaches.....we had had a small coastal go through the night before and it just wasn't long enough to take enough sand away where we needed it to to start producing below the tide line....We had a great time though....dug some targets and Steve dug a nice bonus !!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your videos. They are very helpful. Just was wondering how you decide between taking out the Excal vs. the Sov?

OP
OP
Surfdigger

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your videos. They are very helpful. Just was wondering how you decide between taking out the Excal vs. the Sov?

I use my trusty Excalibur1000 in most beach hunting situations.... I mostly hunt below the tide line so the waterproof housing just makes that machine that much more durable in that environment.... my Sovereign GT I use for special situations like what I need to attach a small coil for hunting in extremely on iron infested situations..... I also like to use it in situations where Hunting with a large coil is the best choice.... but I would say for 85 percent of my beach and surf hunting needs it's definitely my trusty Excal !!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Great vid SD, Nice catch on the treasure also....:icon_thumright:.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use my trusty Excalibur1000 in most beach hunting situations.... I mostly hunt below the tide line so the waterproof housing just makes that machine that much more durable in that environment.... my Sovereign GT I use for special situations like what I need to attach a small coil for hunting in extremely on iron infested situations..... I also like to use it in situations where Hunting with a large coil is the best choice.... but I would say for 85 percent of my beach and surf hunting needs it's definitely my trusty Excal !!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread