67.1 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have held off on the use of magnets on concern of accidently erasing/damaging what is stored in the metal detector (if they got too close).

I would think that you would be putting stress on the hole of the basket where mounted and that there would be galvanic action as a result of dissimilar metals (stainless steel/ aluminum) or (stainless steel /brass). I have avoided mounting one on the back of the basket as it would be hard on the foot as on sandy clean beaches I often use a scoop barefooted.

In an earlier posting, I noticed that you had a magnet on the top of the scoop(s) staff (Garrett style).

I would like to know if my concerns are unfounded and what mounting configuration works best.

baron otto

Tenderfoot
Jan 29, 2013
haines city fl
Detector(s) used
f5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why not try a flat magnet in back of the scoop would take any strain off the holes by baking it up with the inside of the scoop. DO you know what type of memory storage the detectors use for there programing it may not be magnetic secretive after all the detector is made to make a elector magnetic pulse?

OP
OP
gravediggermax-vabeachva

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i now have cost info and contact info. -- please PM for contact info. if anyone is interested.
they will now only be made in brass casing and cost is 17 bucks - including shipping

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread