Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No way in the historic section. Beaches are ok but really sanded in. Not sure about the out lying areas of St.Aug.proper. Good luck. It's a great place!

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't imagine it. There's really strict laws; I can't recall the details, but they're around on the Forum.

I've been there many times, and it's a great place. Enjoy the history - you won't get that flavor anywhere else in the US.

Post a picture of yourself on the Castillo when you get back.

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I went a few years ago there was no metal detecting anywhere in city limits but you could detect at the public beaches outside of town. This included St. Augustine beach where we stayed which is technically not "St. Augustine". I found my first gold ring there so I was happy. Great town with lots of history. Don't miss the tiny pirate museum there. It's not big and it's a little expensive for what you get but it is interesting for us treasure hunters. This is the same pirate museum that used to be in Key West but moved there a few years ago. We all also enjoyed the Fort, the Fountain of Youth park, and the old lighthouse tour. Just walking around in the old city was fun. It's amazing to be walking down some small alleyway where you know that hundreds of years ago actual pirates were likely running through town setting buildings on fire.

I'm always jealous of the history the people in Europe have. St. Augustine is a close as we get to that feeling here in the US.

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also the Alligator Farm is great cause it's nesting time for all sorts of egret,wood storks, roseate spoonbills,etc. You can get close. Photo ops are wonderful!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread