The REALE Deal today

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Spanish Treasure was within my scoop today.....Well after yesterdays total I had 19 silvers and 1 Gold Cladah Ring, I thought that I wasn't going to beat that or even come close.... I was totaly wrong. I started this mornings hunt off with a rare lead seal with a Spanish Cross on the face and on its back it has some initials....It still has some burlap or some kind of cloth in between it...I am being told that this one seems to have been produced in the mid 1600's can anyone verify this? We all got many silvers today, the Gold was eluding me today though... That was fine with me, I got a Spanish 2 Reale at the second low tide this evening... I also managed some cool artifacts, lead solgers,toy bicycle,small lead trophy from cracker jacks... I love finding that stuff...Barber Half Dollars, Walking Liberty Half Dollars and many many barber coins were just everywhere... Between my buddy and myself in the last 2 days we secured over 75 silvers and some nice Gold... back at it again tomorrow... Happy Hunting... Storm 2 Reale (2).JPG Storm 2 Reale (120).JPG Storm 2 Reale (123).JPG Storm 2 Reale (129).JPG Storm 2 Reale (131).JPG Storm 2 Reale (135).JPG Storm 2 Reale (137).JPG Storm 2 Reale (142).JPG Storm 2 Reale (113).JPG Storm 2 Reale (115).JPG Storm 2 Reale (117).JPG Storm 2 Reale (119).JPG

Upvote 0

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow great days. Are you in the water or just the dry? My beach is still covered in snow and frozen - maybe in the next few weeks.

HH,

Pete

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youve found a great spot...amazing bunch of old finds and silver...congrats.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT ONE OF THESE TOO 7554131762_5f2e4fd874.jpg Laurel_hardy_thumbsupB.jpg

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding. What a spot you have. Hammer it.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent hunting Whydah, how about takeing me to that spot sometime.:icon_thumright:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spanish Treasure was within my scoop today.....Well after yesterdays total I had 19 silvers and 1 Gold Cladah Ring, I thought that I wasn't going to beat that or even come close.... I was totaly wrong. I started this mornings hunt off with a rare lead seal with a Spanish Cross on the face and on its back it has some initials....It still has some burlap or some kind of cloth in between it...I am being told that this one seems to have been produced in the mid 1600's can anyone verify this? We all got many silvers today, the Gold was eluding me today though... That was fine with me, I got a Spanish 2 Reale at the second low tide this evening... I also managed some cool artifacts, lead solgers,toy bicycle,small lead trophy from cracker jacks... I love finding that stuff...Barber Half Dollars, Walking Liberty Half Dollars and many many barber coins were just everywhere... Between my buddy and myself in the last 2 days we secured over 75 silvers and some nice Gold... back at it again tomorrow... Happy Hunting... View attachment 757589 View attachment 757594 View attachment 757595 View attachment 757596 View attachment 757597 View attachment 757598 View attachment 757599 View attachment 757600 View attachment 757590 View attachment 757591 View attachment 757592 View attachment 757593

Great finds Whydah.
I hope not, but suspect your seal with a Spanish Cross is more modern.
To me it is doubtful,l that burlap or some cloth in between could survive from the mid 1600s?

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Great finds Whydah.
I hope not, but suspect your seal with a Spanish Cross is more modern.
To me it is doubtful,l that burlap or some cloth in between could survive from the mid 1600s?
There is burlap still in between the seal.... I have seen many cannon balls with burlap still attached to them when recovered... I also just seen a recent find of some Spanish coins with burlap still clinging to them... So I have no reservations that its very old and from the period.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wydah, I hope you have preserved and maybe encased the seal with the burlap intact? seen a coin down here with burlap stuck to it. very cool!!!!

by the way,.......i hope the crazys are leaving you guys alone!
chuck.

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
wydah, I hope you have preserved and maybe encased the seal with the burlap intact? seen a coin down here with burlap stuck to it. very cool!!!!

by the way,.......i hope the crazys are leaving you guys alone!
chuck.
I haven't had the chance to get out recently.......The seal is preserved with the burlap still attached... I have had a few guys look at it and they are saying it dates from around 1700 possibly...very happy with that find.....it looks brand new... I found it very deep in amongst mud and rocks.....

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Fabulous find, Whydah!

Gotta love the rocks and mud!

I wish you continued success out there

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions