More "cold gold" today...( 2 rings) , and some old silver ...that wind was moving it

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
More "cold gold" today...( 2 rings) , and some old silver ...that wind was moving it

around at the beach today.

Hi:hello:

Temps were in the low 30's , but felt like low 20's with the strong winds; nice to be out in the brisk weather.

Found the 2 rings in damp sand.

White gold ring ( 2.61 gms ) is not marked, and it seems that maybe someone removed
whatever stones ( 3 ) were on the band ???... acid-tested this ring 3 times....all tests produced 14 K .

Yellow Gold ring ( 2.53 ) is stamped "Orange Blossom" 14 K...here's a bit of info on this jewely manufacturer...been around for a long time.

Orange Blossom Jewelers

by on November 10, 2011

Orange Blossom jewelers started in the early 1900’s. The company was purchased in 1990 and all molds for the jewelry were destroyed. Some Orange Blossom jewelry is still being produced in Canada.
In 2003, Martin Ross Group Inc. purchased the Canadian division of the Orange Blossom Company. They are known for their beautifully fashioned engagement rings and wedding bands and are made with high quality components using creative jewelry designs. Traub Manufacturing Company’s Orange Blossom line offered grooms wedding rings in 1928.
Jewelry collectors and brides wanting a stylish vintage diamond engagement ring or wedding band are attracted to these beautiful hard to find rings.

Found the old silver bracelet at low tide shoreline...it looked so pitiful.....caught in seaweed...almost discarded it to the junk pouch.It was very difficult to clean .....but did my best.

The links on the bracelet are held together by tiny curved hooks...I think there is a small segment missing.8-) The bracelet is stamped 925 DBJ ( De Beers Jewelrs )

Here's some pics...

thanks for looking

Lorraine

Attachments

• DSCF2201.JPG
    DSCF2201.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 393
  • DSCF2206.JPG
    DSCF2206.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSCF2209.JPG
    DSCF2209.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 425
  • DSCF2212.JPG
    DSCF2212.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF2205.JPG
    DSCF2205.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF2221.JPG
    DSCF2221.JPG
    179.3 KB · Views: 417
  • DSCF2226.JPG
    DSCF2226.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCF2228.JPG
    DSCF2228.JPG
    100.8 KB · Views: 470
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Cold or not, those kind of finds will warm you up on the inside. NICE..... Papa

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
another great hunt, congrats
chuck.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet 2 GOLD And a Sliver!!! Great Finds Chug

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold and silver...nice research, I like to track down the makers of the jewelry I find too.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

apple

Sep 26, 2011
Lorraine, braving the cold is tough enough but nice to warm up to some nice Gold and Silver, The bracelet is missing the wire that wraps around the small ball. As always Great Finds. Don Coco Tyler Merrimack,NH:coffee2:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Yellow L!!!
Going outside, getting some exercise and finding the Gold!!!:walk::blob1:!!!

SnT

Dynamo76

Aug 31, 2012
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! I'm always impressed with how clean you can get your finds. Care to share any secrets?

Last edited:
OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Nice finds!! I'm always impressed with how clean you can get your finds. Care to share any secrets?

Thank you, Dynamo76,

I'd be happy to share information regarding cleaning of tarnished /encrusted finds:

For heavily tarnished /encrusted silver, I electrolyze the item for several minutes at a time / followed by a warm water rinse ,and then carefully remove any loose encrustation each time; after all the encrustation is removed ( may take several "zappings" & rinses ) , I remove the remaining tarnish by soaking the item in Tarn-X for a few minutes/ followed by warm water rinse/ followed by soft scrubbing ..I use a toothbrush with Baking Soda.

If necessary, I use a Q-tip dipped in Tarn-X and Baking soda to remove the more stubborn tarnish

With less tarnished, non - encrusted finds ( including non -collectible coins) I soak them in Tarn-X for about one minute / rinse with warm water/ gently rub with thumbs and forfingers ...sometimes or not, using a bit of Baking Soda.

I hope this has helped you ...if you have any questions, you may PM me , and I will try to assist you further.

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread