Ronnieb883

Mar 11, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's Va Beach hunt 18th-20th street & 28th street - route pics included

Low tide at the beach yesterday was around 9:45am and I got started around 8am. Didn't realize the Shamrock Marathons were going on 'til I parked around 19th street and saw all the smiling faces, spandex, & neon running shoes. :P I already figured the 19th area would be hunted to death and apparently so - Is this what Max calls Land of Nada? lol . Luckily, the Infinium found a little deep Clad but mostly junk lead weights and iron bits. I had my waders on but the surf was just too rough to even attempt to find any kind trough. Sand looks to be building up around the Cuts too :(. Went down to 28th street just to check it out (Only hunted VB a few times) and there's junk everywhere up there! Horrible place for a PI machine! Tide was coming in by then also so I got off the wet sand. Not like the wet sand and water were paying off before anyway. I tired myself out digging all the small iron and called it a day. I walked back to my car and looked almost as ragged as all the marathon runners. Most were limping, some obviously in pain. My damn scoop is too heavy so my hands were hurting!
Bummer, no gold in the scoop.. :(

Of note, pics I used were obviously taken during the summer. There's many more small Cuts now and the dry sand is full of shells. Is seeing shells a good thing, a.k.a means the dry sand has been eroded some? I'm always up for feedback on my routes, advice, & etc... :D Thanks for viewing... Ronnie

Va beach 17MAR 28th street.JPG
Va beach 17MAR 19th street.JPG

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, natural shell layers are a good area to search slowly. So are areas with lots of lead sinkers or layers of stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread