Yesterdays Va Beach hunt 18th-20th street & 28th street - route pics included
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Mar 2013
    Southeast Virginia
    Garrett Infinium LS
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Yesterday's Va Beach hunt 18th-20th street & 28th street - route pics included

Low tide at the beach yesterday was around 9:45am and I got started around 8am. Didn't realize the Shamrock Marathons were going on 'til I parked around 19th street and saw all the smiling faces, spandex, & neon running shoes. :P I already figured the 19th area would be hunted to death and apparently so - Is this what Max calls Land of Nada? lol . Luckily, the Infinium found a little deep Clad but mostly junk lead weights and iron bits. I had my waders on but the surf was just too rough to even attempt to find any kind trough. Sand looks to be building up around the Cuts too . Went down to 28th street just to check it out (Only hunted VB a few times) and there's junk everywhere up there! Horrible place for a PI machine! Tide was coming in by then also so I got off the wet sand. Not like the wet sand and water were paying off before anyway. I tired myself out digging all the small iron and called it a day. I walked back to my car and looked almost as ragged as all the marathon runners. Most were limping, some obviously in pain. My damn scoop is too heavy so my hands were hurting!
    Bummer, no gold in the scoop..

Of note, pics I used were obviously taken during the summer. There's many more small Cuts now and the dry sand is full of shells. Is seeing shells a good thing, a.k.a means the dry sand has been eroded some? I'm always up for feedback on my routes, advice, & etc... Thanks for viewing... Ronnie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va beach 17MAR 28th street.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	220.0 KB 
ID:	761441
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va beach 17MAR 19th street.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	761442

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    9720 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Yes, natural shell layers are a good area to search slowly. So are areas with lots of lead sinkers or layers of stones.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links