Jupiter Inlet

4reale

Jul 29, 2008
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 20
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The wreck is 200 feet off the beach, more or less. I don't disagree with you about dredging being a waste of taxpayer dollars, but they need to keep the inlet channel deep enough to allow the larger vessels or just about any sailboat entry and exit to the inlet/Atlantic.
When they dredged away the sandbar in 1997, which was on top of part of the wreck, they threw old Spanish silver all over the beach, from the inlet all the way down to Carlin Park, which is where I found my coins on November 17th of that year.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Unfortunately, now that they know they pumped coins onto the beach, they will likely be more careful this time and add a filter to the pumping rig. Nature will have its way and open the site up again. Good Luck. Papa

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm here in Tequesta, right next to Jupiter Inlet right now, since Feb. 11th. I've been on Jupiter beach down to Juno beach and have been doing fine. A variety of stuff. Some good some junque. But I am a happy camper anyway. I am with my son and 6 yr young grandson just in from Germany that I haven't seen for over 3 years! PLUS this weather is wonderful..... I will make it back home to Cheyenne, Wyoming for spring time maybe???

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Jupiter Inlet Webcam To watch the dredgeing, Best view is the 2nd picture ( Click on it and it will make the picture Larger ) this has been going on for about 10 days. Good Luck-goldnugget-Charlotte,N.C.

OP
OP
tarpon192

tarpon192

Mar 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wreck is 200 feet off the beach, more or less. I don't disagree with you about dredging being a waste of taxpayer dollars, but they need to keep the inlet channel deep enough to allow the larger vessels or just about any sailboat entry and exit to the inlet/Atlantic.
When they dredged away the sandbar in 1997, which was on top of part of the wreck, they threw old Spanish silver all over the beach, from the inlet all the way down to Carlin Park, which is where I found my coins on November 17th of that year.
Wherever - 200' more or less. That dune is holding a ton of stuff. Just imagine what is under the parking lot on the south side near the jetty!!! Buried 10 - 15 feet or more, and the north side also.
Those guys from JWI (Capt. Dom, and others) really like getting close to shore. I believe they know where the reale stuff really is. I also believe that is why the state stepped in, and hit them with some stupid BS about "SNOOK". They also know what is their. HURRICANE+STORM SURGE=LOTS OF SHIPWRECK STUFF COVERED BY PAVEMENT, AND A BUILDING.
If the inlet needs to be kept open in your opinion for larger vessels to pass - maybe a new tax (depth tax) should be proposed for all vessels that draft more than 3.921466237 feet. If you own a vessel that requiers more depth than the dumernment permits - pay more to go where you want.That would also create new dumernment jobs. Hell better yet, with all new restrictions on vehicles - why no make a law that all sailboats need to be made with retractable keels - when will it ever end - lol
P.S. I also have found coins in that area during the same year.

SorryDangDog

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that stretch of coast. So, dredging aside, are you allowed to MD on the beach, inside Carlin and all the way to the Inlet?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions