Best Friend in the Hospital

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my best friend is in the hospital. After speaking to the doctor I was told that he is going to experience major surgery, including the resetting of his brain, a complete rebuilding of his spine, the installation of a remotely operated pace maker, and last but not least, the installation of hearing aids. Oh how I miss him, oh how I long for the day when we can once again take our walks along the beach together. But here’s the good news, doc said the recovery time will only be a few days and that my best friend will be good as new once he leaves the hospital. Thanks OBN! :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great intro line....had me ready for the worst....All I have to say is you must have a very intimate relationship with your best friend. Does she have a name? It is a she......right?

Reread your post and you did mention your friend was a "him" now we have something to be concerned about??

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man you got me good...when I read "resetting of the brain" I was like "what the h...". Hope you get your "friend" back soon...I owe you one.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He is a bit older, doc said he was "blue" in the face when he arrived at the hospital. :laughing7:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Kind of gives a whole different perspective on our relationship with our tools and toys. Gave me a good laugh though. Good thing your "friends" life is in the hands of ole doc OBN. I hear he is one of the best specialty surgeons in his field.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Poor fella. He's gonna need a lot of beach therapy as soon as he gets back home. Probably start him out with some light water aerobics. :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
OBN0031.jpg Thanks Guys, She..this I know...Is in recovery.

Last edited:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well if he/she needs a longer recovery time bring em up to Michigan. 27 degrees expected on the first day of spring. I'm not getting in the water anytime soon.

HH,

Pete

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Starting reading it and first thought - OMG - damn they've come along way with modern medicine, poor dude, hope he's ok, but after reading realized it wasn't a person - its your machine.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
WOW! That is a lot of trauma to sustain:cat: Glad he's on the road ( beach) to recovery.

Hope he has "MET(ic)AL insurance:laughing7:

Lorraine

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He, she, sounds like it is having a "change" operation.......Hope its happy in its new body....

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
"She had the small 800 policy so she had, "limited coverage".
laughing7.gif

Bigscoop , I detect a pun in your above reply.:cat:

Lorraine

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN said it was female, and after some reflection, it was indeed awfully picky, was also always looking for the most expensive jewelry it could find. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread