Upvote 0

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You might want to go talk to the Head Ranger at the State park and see what he might say about it. Here is the web address with the number you can call and ask. Good luck! Welcome to Florida State Parks

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Panama City has become a big spring break destination...it should be loaded with partyers right now.

Bluetangclan

Greenie
Jan 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You will have luck on the beach although I have heard the spring breakers dont hit that area as much anymore as they used to. Try the areas behind Club LaVela or any of the other bigger beachside bars. I know I was on the beach intoxicated many times from those bars back in the day and I was by far not the only one. As to the State park, good luck, they are frikkin nazi-like when it comes to detectors in the parks, even when no one is around, someone is watching I have found on the east side of the coast.
Have fun!

pcdigger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2014
North Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm from Panama City too. As far as Shell Island is concerned it's my understanding that only the westernmost part of the island is part of St. Andrew State Park. I've never detected over there on the island but it would probably be good especially around the old Anderson dock area. I'm a newbie at detecting but the island is on my list for sure. Let us know if/when you decide to go there hunting. I'm waiting for Spring Break to get over with then hit the main beach around La Vela and such. Oh, and what other areas around PC have you hunted?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Any one here from Panama City Beach Fla. I was just wondering if any one has ever hunted Shell Island?? It gets alot of people shuttled over for day trips And it also is farther in the gulf than the mainland thanx mckinney01

I havent but have seen folks out there with machines before, as packed as it gets it has to be good hunting :) crab island also a good spot :)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other half of shell island belongs to some military installation around there. I sent the people at the chamber of commerce an email and some other people about detecting there this summer, but got no replies. I sent one of the shuttle boat services an email, but they didn't respond either. They may be working somewhere else until there's enough people to shuttle back and forth to pay for their fuel. Someone posted something about Destin beach a few weeks ago and told me they hunted near St. Andrews state park, but if I remember correctly, not in St. Andrews state park. Some people have told me you can't get in the water at the state park or the dunes, but the wet sand is okay. I want to know before I make the trip down there. I am more interested in Shell Island than any other place myself. Lots of you tube videos about PCB,Fl & Shell Island.

WildDigger

Sep 22, 2012
Winder Ga
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX3030 & At Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one here from Panama City Beach Fla. I was just wondering if any one has ever hunted Shell Island??
It gets alot of people shuttled over for day trips
And it also is farther in the gulf than the mainland
thanx
mckinney01

I will be heading to PCB next week and was thinking of shell island also. What have you learned?

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow I can't believe I found this thread!! I have indeed hunted shell island before. Never found anything real great... pull tabs,change,etc. I did find a small bronze ship nail and some native american pottery shards on shell island. So there has to be some old stuff there. Although it is illegal to keep the shards. I will be moving back to PCB here within a month. Maybe we could go do some detecting together. PM me! :)

antigrav1117

Tenderfoot
May 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from PC .. hunted the beach 2 days, filled my bag with beer caps but also filled a coffee can half full of clad. Keys, lighters... didn't find anything on the volley ball courts (surprised about that) but got alot of coin following paths to and from the beach. Couple of earrings- cheapo's.. but hey you never know right? Big fun!
Garrett AT Pro and a Minelab Excalibur 1000.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread