Dual Field finds its first ring......and its Platinum!!

KapHI808

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Aloha,

A week ago I had to send in my Excal for a warrantied repair. But before I sent It out I did one more hunt and scored my first Platinum ring. After sending it in to Minelab, I borrowed my friends Dual Field to give it a try. Boy, talk about tough! On one beach I go I can run the Gain at 2 pm and then I go 3 miles down the coast to another beach and I have to run the gain at below 9Pm and it still goes crazy. Any touch of the sand and it sounds off. Another thing I notice is that my magnet in my scoop gets caked in black "sand". If all my beaches were like the 1st one I can see how awesome of a detector this could be. Anyway, I went to another beach today and worked the wet sand. After finding a bunch of hairpins and coins I dug up my first ring with the Dual Field. At first I didn't know what it was so I waited till the end of the hunt to check it out with my loupe. It said "De Beers 950" and had a diamond inside. Wow, 2 platinum rings in a row!!

Here are the 2 rings gotten a week apart:

IMG_20130321_131401.jpg
IMG_20130321_131908.jpg
IMG_20130321_131934.jpg

HH

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Congratulations on two gorgeous ring finds!

Lorraine

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooo-Hooooo! Congratulations! :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Wow, 13 grams of Platinum is a big ring! Over 18 Grams between the both of them is awesome! Great job!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great rings! Congrats!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does this mean there is a Ms Dual Field in your future?

OP
OP
K

KapHI808

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
Does this mean there is a Ms Dual Field in your future?

I'm not too sure. It is only able to perform very well on a few of the beaches here. But on those beaches it was totally awesome!! I am a little concerned about the thin coil "ears" and the floating coil. When wading if I let the detector go, the coil will float to the surface. In my conditions, IMHO my excal is just a bit more versatile. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread