Well I got my new Skullies Today From OBN.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my Skullies and man they are something else, I'm hard of hearing and wear two hearing aids, but when i detect i have to take them off because the go behind my ears and they squell, so i can just about hear water detecting, i have a pair of greyghost now and they are Great headphones but my hearing is getting worse, so i talked to Joe and asked him if he could makeup a set of his skullies for me, well let me tell ya, i put them as soon as i got them and with my hearing aids still on but not on my head i tried them out so i ran a 10k ring over my coil and nice and loud, so i said well let me take my aids off and try them on and man them gel ear muffs are great they are so soft, well i ran the ring over the coil again and man that was the loudest i ever heard a signal from my excal, so now when the weather is right i've got to try them when i'm water hunting, because i think i was missing a lot of signals, but i won't no more with these Skullies, Thanks Joe for such a great Job and wish you all could have a pair of these. HH

Attachments

• DSC00430.jpg
    DSC00430.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC00434.jpg
    DSC00434.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Sounds like you're ready for some great loot! I might contact Joe myself. My hearing is fine , but after many hunts all I'm finding is clad and junk. Maybe next time!!

OP
OP
H

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey steve, yea they are something else, but he's not making anymore this year, he's just making them in the winter months. you get in contact with him before to many people get thier order in.HH

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harold...... Joe is going to need an assembly line on these headphones. Here is a couple more shots of them:
001.JPG 002.JPG These things are as comfortable as it gets. These are quieter than my Pro Golds. Im waiting on the Blue i bought from Poppa and ill be putting mine on and hitting the beach ASAP.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see they are what all excalibur/ctx water hunters need. I feel they are the best one can get that are 100% water proof. I know I'm excited about using mine again....Thanks Dew, Harold and the General. Islandchips should have his next week, and Bigscoops is going out the door in a few seconds, the last...until next winter.....Thanks Joe

OP
OP
H

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No thank you Joe, for such a great job and workmenship, Well Done Joe. HH

mham2

Jan 12, 2009
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Harold , those look good . I bought a set of the gell filled ear muffs to put on my gray ghost headphones, don't know how that will work but I will give it a try.I did put a set on my koss head phones for land hunting and I like them

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got jel on my yellow ones on the Xcal II .... they work well.... but nothing like these. I spent some time out there in the water with them today. Lot of rouge waves pushing you around. Even with all the ocean noise and wind ... no problem hearing. If you went over a target they really let you know. I dont know if you hunt in PP Harold but thats where they really impressed me. You can hear those small chirps. Im getting used to both a Blue Xcal 1000 and the headphones.... so i noticed i had to run a little less sensitivity than i do with the Xcal II. I did notice the tones reminded me of running high gain.... very sensitive larger coil footprint. Ive got to learn small surface targets from deep ones modulation also reminds me of high gain. Im really liking their comfort and noise blockage.

Dew

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to see they are what all excalibur/ctx water hunters need. I feel they are the best one can get that are 100% water proof. I know I'm excited about using mine again....Thanks Dew, Harold and the General. Islandchips should have his next week, and Bigscoops is going out the door in a few seconds, the last...until next winter.....Thanks Joe

Ok! Great! So since I have to use the stock phones on my Excal till next winter, is it a good idea to put the gel cups on them for now? Good going!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have 2 machine..... and yes i put the jel cups on the other one as well. My thought.... with the headphone swap i now have a pair of yellows in case something happens. ML charges $250 for a headphone swap....but they do pressure test it. This extra pair may be worth something down the road since they are easy to swap, have an end cap and you cant get them from ML parts. I like the gel cups..... but you do have to glue them on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions