sand is so deep I cant get a beep,the water is so cold nobody getting in Im told

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We break through the ice to get in the water here in New York - LOL!:hello:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good idea...think Ill go surf fishing.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You all just go do that..... how much room you have on those boats? would you please take some of the 16 people i saw detecting a beach the other day with you so i can find something?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You all just go do that..... how much room you have on those boats? would you please take some of the 16 people i saw detecting a beach the other day with you so i can find something?

LOL! :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Only 16? :laughing7: Wait till all those x-mas machines are up and running this summer.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Stay with it a while
Soon you'll find treasures in a pile
Then you will smile

Lorraine

cubicleking

Jan 24, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I saw a snowbird yesterday with his surf rod and metal detector on the beach, cooler, blanket and wife were with him. Didn't talk to him, I was just scoping out the beach to see if it was worth detecting.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes seems they stopped bring their FLORID SNOW SHOVELS and picked up a detector. Im serious Bigscoop..... there were 16 bodies on the beach at various times during our hunt. Even a blind squirrel gets something... they were just all over the place. Then throw in a sand rank on some of these beaches and its tuff right now.... Spring Break or not. Lorraine..... you dear have such a positive attitude. No wonder you do so well. It takes that and patience.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes seems they stopped bring their FLORID SNOW SHOVELS and picked up a detector. Im serious Bigscoop..... there were 16 bodies on the beach at various times during our hunt. Even a blind squirrel gets something... they were just all over the place. Then throw in a sand rank on some of these beaches and its tuff right now.... Spring Break or not. Lorraine..... you dear have such a positive attitude. No wonder you do so well. It takes that and patience.

Dew

I expect it to be worse this year as the hobby is once again experiencing a boom. I've recently seen days where there was a hunter every hundred yards or so over three miles of beach and then three or four guys walking the waterline on top of that. This is what forced me to start looking for new areas of beach, which didn't turn out all bad. On the bright side, many of these hunters are not experienced hunters, yet! lol

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to get out on some of the mornings I have when it's blowing 20 and the sand is whipping across the beach there is hardly a soul out there. And Lorraine you are a poet as well as a great MD'R.

hondapartshero

Jan 9, 2013
I thinks it's more like a bubble than a boom me thinks. Actually I compare it more to like a New Years resolution. People get all exited, buy the new gym membership or equipment, and dive right in only to find out a month later its not their thing, they can't find any where to dig, or just don't want to put the swing time in to get more experienced. Then all the stuff ends up on Craigslist for me to buy at a discount. I don't watch any of these shows on TV but a lot of people will get disillusioned that they'll dig more treasure than trash and that every hole is gold, but will quickly get discouraged to find that's not the case. Hopefully it will cause increased competition amongst metal detector companies and will cause some innovation to be produced.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
they are not only avoiding the water Mike but the dry sand finds are down too cause it is too cold for the beach at all!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonnie.... thats why i got a pair of Joes skullies so i could get out there when the wind is whipping and others stay at home and still be able to hear something. I love a couple of good hot days.... then a rainy day..... keeps the land machines off the beach long enough to have a nice relaxed hunt. Debby.... you are right those temps isnt good for business, high swells, and the rain has the beaches packed hard. If anything is dropped they just pick it up. All in all thou id still rather be out there on the beach than setting at home in the leather chair just waiting for my wife to find something for me to do.

Dew

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyday I go hunting, no matter how slow it is, I just keep telling myself that, "it only takes just one".

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that going out to the beach on a rainy day is much more relaxing and fun to hunt. Great finds and no competition. Like fishing keep the good catches and dis guard the trash. Lol

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the snowbird had his hands full.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread