Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day to do some testing with my new Blue Xcal with the added Skullie headphones that Joe put together. I got a late start to a beach i knew gets hunted well. When i arrived there were 2 swinging good detectors and dragging scoops. I figured this would be a good challenge. Cranked up the sensitivity and notice i was really picking up tiny gum wrappers and they had a nice strong tone. Something i noticed... you no longer get the bong of a shallow bottle cap... however they are broken up or nulled. The wind was really blowing and we were getting some real wave crashing but you hardly noticed them in these phones. Anyone ever get EMI from the wind blowing? This beach i get that when we have high winds... i assume from the power lines. The sensitivity on this machine has to be run a little less but its really smooth.

I got a couple heart stoppers..... but they turned out to be junk copper/brass with stones. The small ring is 10K gold at 1.3 g. My wife said thats an older ring by the style. What surprised me more was the amount of targets i got..... i got over $5.50 in change. Im really looking forward to getting this set up in the water. these headphones really add a lot.

Dew

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sounds like you have a good combo there Dew! Isn't it amazing how nice some of those junkers are?
Multi ring day with a new to you detector, only more gold would make it better.
Cliff

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I would have had a heart attack with all that ice . The beach is really going to change after the wind change tomorrow 20 to 25 nw.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dew it looks like you had a good day of testing, i can't wait to go and test mine, i have to wait for the right weather for me, when you got bad knees you have to wait, great finds and good luck. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread