Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody have an interesting superstition they do Before metal detecting or while they are metal detecting!! For me if I see a hawk while I'm driving to my beach it's good luck!!!! Also I wear green socks,green underwear, and a green T-shirt!!! One of my T-shirts is so worn out and full of holes my wife threatens to throw it out she better not!!!! I hope I'm not the only one with this strange behavior:laughing7: !! Don't be shy let me know what you do for your superstition!!!

SnT

Oh I also talk to my Grand Mother who has passed on!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't laugh, some superstitions are true, and I know this for a fact. Like, whenever I go to the hunting I always charge my battery pack, seems whenever I don't do this it quits working. :icon_thumleft:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just like the commercial - it's only strange if it doesn't work.

HH

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe detecting is pure skill but I still put on my lucky shirt, my lucky hat and get my lucky butt in the water. Hey, why take chances!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I believe in superstitious stuff, *knocks on wood.*
When I need lots of luck, I wear a Zelda T Shirt and my Zelda Sweatshirt on top of that:).
Also, I NEVER buy the first item/closest item in any store. I always reach for the 2nd or 3rd and on some items where there is only one left, I simply won't buy it(there). I've always felt the first was "poisoned" as it is the one little kids touch all the time and the one many people pick up to read and then set back down.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfnturf: Green outerwear makes sense when hunting in the water.
I always avoid colors favored by sharks such as yum yum yellow and oh boy orange just in case one of these critters gets the munchies. When possible, I match the color of the water rather than contrast against.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surnturf: Almost forgot, never wear anything which bright and shiny, especially where there are great barracudas.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Everyone here should wake up - don’t you know it’s bad luck to be superstitious!
killingme.gif

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I believe in superstitious stuff, *knocks on wood.*
When I need lots of luck, I wear a Zelda T Shirt and my Zelda Sweatshirt on top of that:).
Also, I NEVER buy the first item/closest item in any store. I always reach for the 2nd or 3rd and on some items where there is only one left, I simply won't buy it(there). I've always felt the first was "poisoned" as it is the one little kids touch all the time and the one many people pick up to read and then set back down.
I do the exact same thing...I take the "third one back" of everything...I thought I was the only one.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't laugh, some superstitions are true, and I know this for a fact. Like, whenever I go to the hunting I always charge my battery pack, seems whenever I don't do this it quits working. :icon_thumleft:

Yep that happens to me every time I hunt 3 days & don't charge it :BangHead:
it's Freaky :(

only real Stooper'Stition I have is I don't like to hunt the same spot 2 days in a row.
Even if I hit the jackpot on finds on day one, & even though some spots have proven worthy
of not missing a day for weeks. I still don't like to.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a ring i found a long time ago, i call it my lucky ring, and like you i wear a certain hat with a metal detector pin that a friend made for me out silver dimes. DSC00447.jpg
the ring has an lucky 7 four leaf clover an elephant with its trunk up an owl and a monkey and A horseshoe, they all have rubys for eyes.

Last edited:

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time I had to substitute a blue T shirt for my rash guard which I forgot when surfing a distant first break about 1/2 to 3/4 mile off shore. After falling of the long board, I had this eerie feeling of being watched, which is not good as this area was known for being sharkee. On changing out of wet gear to return home, I discovered that I forgot to turn this T-Shirt which had a large Ahi (yellow fin tuna) silkscreened on the back of it, inside out (lol).

A precaution for shallow water hunting is to avoid petting or feeding your pet before going into the water. Most sharks have excellent eyesight and are highly selective feeders. However, they are less able to discriminate when they have to sense by vibration where the water is dirty /frothy. River mouths are problematic after heavy rains as sharks have salinity sensors which they use to home in on the decreasing salinity to feed on dead animals in the river outflow.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that walking into oncoming traffic can bring bad luck, especially at night. :icon_thumleft:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear a ring i found a long time ago, i call it my lucky ring, and like you i wear a certain hat with a metal detector pin that a friend made for me out silver dimes. View attachment 768142
the ring has an lucky 7 four leaf clover an elephant with its trunk up an owl and a monkey and A horseshoe, they all have rubys for eyes.
Ive got a silver ring like yours, but instead of lucky 7, mines got a 13. 101 (800x600).jpg

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes i walk around my detector and scoop backwards 3 times when it is laying on the driveway

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions