Whites Surf master II and surf PI pro

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
8)Hey Gomerpyle-I have the Whites Surfmaster2;I have found lots with it.I dont think Whites makes it anymore.the PI machine is Pulse Induction;the Surfmaster2 is not.Further;the PI machine is recommended for fresh or salt water;while the Surfmaster2 is for fresh-water only.Like I said,the Surfmaster 2 is a GREAT machine:only had trouble with it once last year:the "genius" using it (ME!) changed the batteries in it while water hunting;didnt put the rubber seal in right when I put it back together;it filled the electronics box up with water- :-\let it dry out,works good as new now!!PS,this detector is waterproof to 100 feet.

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I tested a surfmaster for weak before buying my PI. The surfmaster is a vlf machine allowing you to adjust out trash. That sounds good on paper but Ive read many times on forums where trash turned out to be something good. The PI is a pulse induction machine. It sees everything and you need to dig everything you see. But the PI is not fooled by saltwater and sees deeper then the surfmaster. If I remember right the surfmaster is rated for 25 foot depth and the PI for 100 feet.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only PI that whites makes now is the dual field and it goes for 900 dollars. The surf PI pro was under 600, great machine.:icon_thumleft:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a salt water beach you dont want to descriminate out anything..... even with the excal and the iron null, on the nulls if the users isnt double checking the null from a 90 degree different direction he may be missing good targets too.......

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Treasure_Hunter said - at least test the waters
spot I hit this afternnoon - I was hitting out from 4 feet to 6feet - I got like 5 pieces of junk
why would you leave discrim. on with that amount of junk
other guy there I think had his cranked I went over area he had been and got like 10 nickles and a bunch of coins down real deep so i think he lost depth
by having it cranked too
and wedding band i hit went off like a nickle
a lot of pics in vid Im using PI Pro and most of finds in vid were made with PI too (older pics- I use CZ for last 3-4 yrs -you can tell PI by yellow headphones)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread