Kaboom ring update...........

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well it did not turn out to be the big money natural yellow sapphire I was hoping for.
valuation came in at retail $2200 (real value way under that no doubt)- 2.95 ct citrine in 18k - about 5 1/2 g's - so ok on the scrap $$$- guess I need to keep looking for the "pay day" find cause this was not it. strangely I tested this at home and it was good at 22k :tongue3: HH

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry it wasn't what you hoped but still a great find overall! Send it my way if you don't like it anymore!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find:icon_thumleft: Congratulations:icon_thumright:

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Sweet ring! Hope you get lots more!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just add it to the rest of the very nice finds that you have recovered. :hello:
it looks great!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that you have an appraisal, if the stone is undamaged don't scrap it, simply put it online. Even if it sits there a year before you find a buyer it might bring as much as 2 to 3 times the scrap value. I do this with most of the nicer/clean rings that I find, just list them as pre-owned or even vintage if it applies. A lot of buyers looking for deals to avoid paying retail. I've sold several rings like this, some of the vintage stuff even higher then retail value. Just depends on what it is and how much info you can provide. Citrine is popular but it has been over marketed in recent years, but even so, if the stone is free of scratches, chips, etc., and the gold is fairly clean it might still bring a lot more then scrap if it gets in front of the right eyes. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Smoogle

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Thanks all, wife now owns this one - also:

Now that you have an appraisal, if the stone is undamaged don't scrap it, simply put it online. Even if it sits there a year before you find a buyer it might bring as much as 2 to 3 times the scrap value. I do this with most of the nicer/clean rings that I find, just list them as pre-owned or even vintage if it applies. A lot of buyers looking for deals to avoid paying retail. I've sold several rings like this, some of the vintage stuff even higher then retail value. Just depends on what it is and how much info you can provide. Citrine is popular but it has been over marketed in recent years, but even so, if the stone is free of scratches, chips, etc., and the gold is fairly clean it might still bring a lot more then scrap if it gets in front of the right eyes. :icon_thumleft:

cheers for that bigscoop - most of my broken 9ct gold , single earing, or 9ct bands get scrapped (I found a great place paying 50c t0 $1 over current spot on all carats 8-24) and the money directly swapped for nicer or better K pieces through underspot bargains online, that way i feel I will have better stuff to sell when it comes time to sell, I have done it several times and is a nice way to fatten gold stocks for no outlay + I keep all high K pieces for a rainy day I hope will never happen. HH

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks about as close to "as good as it gets" as most of us are likely to find. Seems to me only a big diamond would top it and those are mighty rare.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Smoogle, that is still a beautiful ring find!

I love Citrine stones.

Keep up the great detecting!

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread