Inland lakes

Jdett411

Jan 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone had some advice for me. I going on vacation in a few months, there's alot of small towns nearby with small fishing lakes in town that all have beaches on them. Most lakes aren't very deep, 10-25 ft at there deepest. So I know there isn't much current to make any type of cut, also I'd imagine the town adds sand every few years. In summer most of these beaches might have 15-30 people at a time, so population wouldn't be on my side but time would be. 3 of the towns I'm certain have been there for 80-100 years. Had anyone ever had luck at these types of beaches? If so any tips? Ill be using an Excal ll. thanks.

Upvote 0

SorryDangDog

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am eager to do some of this myself. There are quite a few vids on YouTube of people hunting lakeshore beaches.

Hey guys,

I was hoping someone had some advice for me. I going on vacation in a few months, there's alot of small towns nearby with small fishing lakes in town that all have beaches on them. Most lakes aren't very deep, 10-25 ft at there deepest. So I know there isn't much current to make any type of cut, also I'd imagine the town adds sand every few years. In summer most of these beaches might have 15-30 people at a time, so population wouldn't be on my side but time would be. 3 of the towns I'm certain have been there for 80-100 years. Had anyone ever had luck at these types of beaches? If so any tips? Ill be using an Excal ll. thanks.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experience is that most lakes are heavily hunted by water detectorists so not likely anymore to find old stuff, but occasionally you do get fresh drops if you get there at the right time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread