3rd CTX Hunt scores GOLD again...

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went to the cut again today, and when I got there it was 34 degrees, with a wind blowing a stiff 25 mph from the NE... Let's just say it was cold... I had the cut to myself for about an hour then I had company. An old friend, we gave each other the hello sign and he stayed at the southern end, while I stayed at the northern part of the cut... I had already dug a Buffalo Nickel and a Shield Nickel.... But I was after the silver coins, and the GOLD if I could find it.... Still learning the tones on the CTX.... After a while I had 4 Mercury Dimes and what looked like 2 relidgous medals and some type of old medical syringe?... At least thats what it looks like... Ran out of targets out in the small rocks, so I went higher in the sand and banged out 2 Silver Washington Quarters and a Standing Liberty Quarter... As my friend was asking how I was doing, I pulled out a nice walking Liberty Half Dollar rite in front of him... This makes 14 for this season.... Man what a ride so far.... I walked down to where he said he had just gotton a couple silver dimes... My friend had just told me, he gridded the area very well, and wished me luck.... I took his luck and ran with it... I was just going slow, and then a grunt that was tight to a small boulder. I leaned over, and moved it away, so I could get a better stronger signal.... I said to myself this sounds just like a GOLD Ring... but it can't be, he just gridded this spot, 2 scoops down, and out of the hole, staring back at me was a beutiful antique men's 14 K Gold ring, it still has a nice red garnet....I also got a sterling bracelet that was in quite a few pieces..., a sterling ships wheel, a musket ball and some ear rings... A lot of targets up higher for tomorrow.... Happy Hunting.... CTX Hunt 3 (1).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (6).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (9).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (15).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (22).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (24).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (25).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (26).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (28).JPG CTX Hunt 3 (31).JPG Ring 10.JPG

Upvote 0

SorryDangDog

Jan 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy, that cut is your own personal treasure mine! Beautiful ring for sure!! :hello2:

JJohnson

Mar 14, 2013
Glen Allen, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Explorer, XS, E-Trac, CTX-30/30
Garrett: Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This cut of yours is truly amazing...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
nice hunt , what kind of numbers are you getting on the ctx on the gold and silver?
low numbers on the gold & high on the silver... I have only found 2 gold so far, Can't remember the numbers but the silver has been in the 12.40 range

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Nice work buddy. That sure is a chunky ring! Seems like you are really getting acquainted with that new machine.

Many more to come....

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am green with envy that is one great cut you have there.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
thats a cracker :)

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
You are doing extremely well with the new CTX. I have been enjoying the cut finds and the new machine reports.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You earned that treasure!! beautiful ring....:icon_thumright:

Wicholee

Nov 15, 2012
MIAMI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcal II, Minelab X Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Wow that cut is amazing, great stuff man..

-Wicholee

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds:thumbsup: Congratulations:icon_thumright:
Good luck next spin:treasurechest:

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another nice ring. I like red.
Looks like that CTX is doing you proper.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your going to have to get a patent on that cot Whydah,another fine hunt buddy!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread