First time in water in nearly 3 months nets 3 dismal rings

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Gotta admit, when I could get the time off weather was never right so I stayed dry until this past week. After working all night, jumped in water gear and took fully charged exacl 1000 to Miami. It was a full moon thus tide was a bit extra low in day. I was 75-100 ft off beach in only knee deep water. That was good for me because the water was still a bit cold to be comfortable. Most targets were very deep in sand. Three net bags of trash alone and many old nails. Often, I remove iron just to keep bathers from stepping on them. In last hour of a 6-hr. hunt I netted three rings, heavily coated. Tumbled them and revealed two copper plated rings and one mood-type ring that would not come clean whatsoever--definitely not silver. They were buried deep and in water for a long time.

mar27-1.jpg
mar27-2.jpg
mar27-3.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice:icon_thumright: Congratulations:icon_thumleft:
Good luck next spin:treasurechest:

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell thats great ive yet to find 1 here in cali at the beaches

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Southern Digger, I 'm sorry that the rings did not show up as silver; the ring on the right sure looks like it could be silver...or is that one the mood ring?

I wish you the best on your next hunt

Lorraine

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. I'm up in West Palm Beach, Haven't been to Miami yet but one day will get there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions