BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, once those summer sands start rolling in even the recent drops can vanish fairly quickly, especially here on the upper east coast of Florida where sand is abundant and the tide change and wave action is always keeping the sand moving and stirred up. It makes for a very tough hunting situation.

fredinbelize

May 22, 2007
Huntington Beach,CA
Detector(s) used
Ace250
Whites Surf PI Pro
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It's just the calm before the storm, or the dry spell before the monsoon, or something like that.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to the beach today, a small cooler with a soda and snacks, detector, pouch, booties, etc. So I get there a couple hours before low tide, decide to do a bit of recon to help me decide where I wanted to hunt. The wind was blowing pretty strong and I really wanted to check out a spot I had been keeping my eye on at the other end of the beach so I head that way. Sure enough, it was looking darn good so I parked the car with high hopes and hopped out to get geared up. Funny thing was this, when I popped open the tailgate.....no wetsuit! I forgot to pack the darn wetsuit! :BangHead: One hour, that was all I could take being wet in that strong wind, teeth were chattering after about thirty minutes. :laughing7: Wasn't too bad until those deep swells delivered that rush of colder water, fairly certain my belly button dislodged itself and scurried up my body so it could take shelter in my headphones. :laughing7: Before I moved down here I could have stayed in that water several hours with no problem. Funny how things change based on with one's normal environment. When it comes to cold I'm such a wussy now.

ShovelNose

Apr 6, 2010
Little River S.C.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Ocean Lakes just south of you and the beach was clean there also. Some change but did see a ring find by the beach bar next door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread