Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wasn't meant to be.

2 days hunting Myrtle Beach State Park beach.

1.28 the first day with some trash.

2 cents the next day with more trash.

WOW. I found nothing. I walked VERY LONG without a hit. amazed me.

I gotta go to where people drop gold and diamond rings and more valuable stuff :) :)

but it was enjoyable! to be out with the detector!!

Upvote 0

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
been there, done that. & yer right at least you were at the beach enjoying it.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Mamabear
at least someone can share my misery on that trip :)

fingers crossed on my florida beach trip!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
FarmerChick...I've had plenty of those kinds of hunts..sometimes I come home with $0.07!

Please don't give up....just keep trying different areas of the beach and the gold/ silver treasures will show up in your scoop.

I also love the exercise , fresh air, and meeting people who wander the beaches..be they detectorists or visitors.

Lorraine

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Lorraine
no giving up here. detectorist for life :)

but geez, the metal detecting gods need to throw me a bone every now and then LOL

once bitten, not many can walk away from detecting. I sure can't !!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida! And just where might you be heading in Florida? Starting to get pretty sandy down here. :hello:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Know just what you're talking about. The couple of beaches I've hunted lately have been totally quiet. But just think, summer's around the corner....

HH,
Anita

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been a tuff year in MB from what I have heard, much sanded in from the winter storms. How did your trip go at the State park camp site? I think it was you that asked about detecting one...

I gotta go to where people drop gold and diamond rings and more valuable stuff
smiley.gif
smiley.gif

I have given up on vacation trips to the beach, ..I'm pulling up stakes, selling the house and moving to the Mid Atlantic Deleware/Maryland Beach's....

So true...........

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Big! hope all is well!!

heading to Fort Clinch in Fernandio Beach. (I think I spelled that right :))

9 days. I should find something right? LOL

it is a very heavily used campground so I think this beach should give up something great if luck is on my side!

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Anita--you are so right. summer means the beaches will be loaded again and new finds are being dropped everyday by people :) replenishing the haul hopefully

Hey OBN----that trip hasn't happened yet. that is a July trip to a state park in Virginia. the one where I can water detect only at the beach. But public beach I can detect sand. so I found a relatively close public beach in VA next to my campgound and I will definitely be hitting it.

You are moving to the beach? LUCKY YOU!! In fact I have mentioned a few times to hubby that I want to move but his dad just passed and he won't leave his Mom right now. Kinda got chained to this area right now but in the future when freedom hits, oh yea, we are moving also :)

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Farmer Chick, I live in Charlotte,N.C. and will be camping Ft Clinch ,arriving May 6 th ,2013 and departing May 13,2013,I will be camping and also have 2 friend camping also. Let me know if this is your week. Thanks=goldnugget Myrtle Beach is tuff to find anything. I worked the wash at the campground and found coins each time

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better then me Sat. at Newport beach , in just over 2 hrs i got $1.47 and a $58 parking ticket by being 5 min late ... YES i was pissed on the way home ,guess just pay it and go on .

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Lorraine
no giving up here. detectorist for life :)

but geez, the metal detecting gods need to throw me a bone every now and then LOL

No kidding!!! Feel your pain. Got one dime today. Getting really bummed. I want to go to Morocco:BangHead: No, Really!

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep swinging! :icon_thumright:

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. I own 2 condos in Regency Towers up the beach about a half mile and spend about 2 months a year there. It is rare to look out the balcony at the beach for more than a half hour with seeing someone detecting. It does not matter if it is July, Sept or Jan. someone is always there.

The summer will bring more to find. Both condos have no openings from mid May to early Sept. Totally booked. Now if I could just figure out a way to spray Pam on everyone's ring fingers. :icon_thumright:

Captain PopTop

May 3, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Garret. AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont feel bad im in the same boat, crusty pennies,nickels,chum change,poptops,pull tabs,titanium carbide ring , plated rings & kids ring, season is just begining, the tickets are out their we'll git em !!!

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at Hilton Head last week and the beach was absolutely clean. I got a few coins and one iPhone. Not a signal piece of jewelry. The cold rain kept people off the beach so I guess I will have to wait until the summer for them to start producing.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three hour water hunt and I got one dime and one bobby pin today. :laughing7: Oh, and I lost a floater and that other unidentified thing that kept falling trough the holes in my scoop. Oh, and a fish hook. :thumbsup: :BangHead:

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do we all have to rely on new drops??? Is the old stuff just too deep until a storm takes away the sand? I'm starting to check out people's jewelry and wanting to ask them what beaches they frequent!! That's just weird:icon_queen:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread