Jul 12, 2007
Palm Bay,Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Minelab Excalibur 2,Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yesterday's hunt.

Hi All.I got out to the beach,yesterday,for 5 hours of detecting.I took both the Excal.2 and the Ace 250,but used only the Excal.2.The day was overcast and stayed that way.I started searching the surf and wet sand at 10:30 a.m. and worked my way to north to the pier,finding only 1 cent.I then hunted my way south,for a mile, to Lorie Wilson Park,with the same results.I then began searching my way north again and at 11:46 a.m.,I got a good signal and scooped up the target and dumped it on the sand.I saw gold gleaming through,picked up the find and shook off the sand.The find was a man's masonic ring of yellow and white gold.Then,not more than 20 seconds after I dug the ring,a man approached and asked if I had found a ring.I asked what kind of ring was lost and he replied a masonic ring.It was lost a few days ago,by his friend Don Hawes and they had searched for it for several hours,with out success.After handing him the ring,he asked me to wait a few minutes while he went to get a reward,of $50.00,for finding the ring.I told him that I wanted no reward,but was happy that I was able to find it for them.I know that I'm crazy not to accept rewards,but that's just the way I am.He thanked me,shook my hand and called Don to tell him that his ring was found.I hunted the dry sand for a couple more hours and ended the day with $4.23 in clad and a little .925 silver open heart necklace.I hope to get out again soon.Thanks for looking.

file.php

Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice post, rons1947!

Congrats on that Masonic ring find and return; those rings are beautiful!

I wish you the best on your next beach adventure!

Lorraine

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah you ain't crazy Karma is some powerful stuff,
what ya put out in life comes back to ya!
You'll see! When you least expect it happens.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread