general questions from Newfoundland

newfiedigger

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody Newfiedigger here, first time posting, I have a few general questions about beach hunting. I have been metal detecting for a few years now but I haven't tried any beaches yet. The beach I have in mind is heavily used in the summer months, but is prone to heavy winds and surf when there is a north east wind blowing. I am assuming that anything that is lost there will be scattered fairly quickly, the beach is fairly sandy with a small river running through one end where most of the children swimming take place, families gather that sort of thing. The rest of the beach is the usual beach type activities (volley ball, kites, etc)
What I would like to know is how to identify places where the tides may leave items, high on the beach, low areas (possible locations for metals of different weights, will heavier object settle higher as tides wash back out or just scatter where ever, what are and how do I identify cuts, and any general tips for beach detecting that may come in handy. I am using the Garrett Euro Ace, and would appreciate any tips on how to set it up for this type of use also. I was thinking that after the winter months and everything on the beach stirred up, that this time of year would be prime. Any comments greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread