massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's real it will be my best find yet

Went out and hit the wet sand today and found there was a few swingers in the cuts so i decided to walk way down the beach away from everyone, I'm sure glad i did after about an hour i found a crematory tag. I said a little pray and sent it out to the depths. as i was turning around i got a beep and dug the silver ring. the hair went up on my neck with a couple goose bumps. i looked out to the water and asked if i could find something better with gold, haha 20 minutes later i found this Rolex watch, The hair really stood up then chills even. I gave it a shake and the second hand started to move,and the watch had a lot of encrusting on the stainless and some on the crystal. A little work took most of it off. After talking to a friend on here that has some knowledge about these i sent him a few pictures and described and answered all the questions i could. He then said everything sounds like its the real deal but you still have to take it to the Jewelers just to make sure. If it is i think ill have it repaired, I always wanted one so now maybe i have one.......I'll post tomorrow if its real thanks for looking
Kent

Attachments

• ROLEX 010.JPG
    ROLEX 010.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 200
  • ROLEX 001.JPG
    ROLEX 001.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 211
  • ROLEX 009.JPG
    ROLEX 009.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 225
  • ROLEX 007.JPG
    ROLEX 007.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 203
Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Looks good Kent! Fingers crossed!!!

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice one! Hope its real buddy.

-Taz-

Mar 28, 2013
Island on the west coast
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The fact that it actually works is a very good sign, and I doubt any fakes from China would still function ;-)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Kent, congratulations on that terrific watch find!

It's beautiful...and I hope the results are + .

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks real to me from what I know about them - alot of the fakes - the magnifying date lens is just glass and does not magnify like yours

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Looks like its the real deal to me... Nice one that everyone walked over...good luck

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I collect watches, both real and replicas, and that does look to be real. BUT the world of replicas gets better daily, it really takes an expert to tell without opening it up.

There should be a serial number between the lugs where the bracelet attaches. Having it doesn't prove it's real, but not having it does.

The magnification is good on yours, again doesn't mean it's real but it's a good sign.

What bothers me is that the watch appears to be in great shape but the bracelet is gone. The weak point in replica watches is often times the parts that you can't visually see, like the bars that held the bracelet to the watch head. Since it's running that's a very very good sign though, and it would take only a couple seconds for a shop with a case opener to check and see if the internals look legit. ANYTHING plastic inside is a blatant giveaway.

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Super find..... It is on my bucket list, just haven't found one yet. Papa

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the watch!
I am still trying to find a bucket so I can write a list.

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hope it's real for ya. That would be an absolute great find! And like others I'm no expert but the 3 dots beneath the crown appear to be the same size. On other Submariners the center dot is larger than the 2 on either side. There should also be micro printing along the inside wall of the watch just below the chrystal and above the face. I couldn't see in your pictures if it was there. Also as mentioned before the model number and serial number should be visible between the lugs where the bracelets is affixed. I can't remember if the SN is at the 12 or 6 o'clock position or if the model # is at the 12 or 6. Good luck!!

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only thing I see wrong with the watch is that the bevel look like alum. not stainless steel, Other an that it look good. Test the Gold , it should be 18 kt.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Plymouthian, please keep us updated with whatever the outcome may be. I'm very anxious to hear how this turns out for you. I really do hope its the real deal!

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good reps have the micro etching in the crystal now, so that's not definitive proof anymore.

Another thing that's a good tell of a fake is if the owner left the hologram sticker on the case back. Genuine Rollie's have a hologram sticker on the back, and most owners immediately take them off before wearing. Rep owners often leave them on, as we feel it looks more authentic with it.

If the sticker is on it, or there are signs of glue on the case back, its almost certainly a fake.

The pearls tend to fall out on the twelve o'clock position of the bezel on reps too.

If you feel up to opening the case back and taking pics I can probably tell right off, and its very easy to do without any special tools.

Get some duct tape and roll it up into a ball with the sticky side out. Press the ball down on the case back and unscrew it counter clockwise while keeping pressure on it. It should open up with minimal cussing, and won't harm the watch as long as you only use your hands.

The oyster case back requires a special tool otherwise. Resist the urge to force it with anything other than the ball of tape method.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread