AFTER 15 YEARS, NEED A NEW WATER HUNTING POUCH : RECOMMENDATIONS ???

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x
MY old trusty is about to give up the ghost. Looking for something similar with a belt loop, a couple inside pockets but with drain holes in the bottom, one I had came that way, it was heavy vinyl with pre punched drain holes. Lots of pouches for sale but I havn't seen any advertised with drain holes. I've never tried any mesh bags, how do they work ? they are see through are they not ?
don't like the idea if they are see through.

Upvote 0
Jun 28, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 10", Excalibur Sword 8", Sovereign XS2a Pro, Equinox 800, Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is one that I manufacture and sell on eBay. Water and fine sand will drain through the mesh. Trash and common finds like coins go in the large main compartment. I usually keep the upper zipper open a couple of inches while detecting unless I'm snorkeling. The smaller compartment is for good finds like jewelry. There is no mesh on the outside of that compartment so anything inside will not be visible. The pouch comes with a web belt attached.

bag-12.jpg

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:

sandnut

Nov 17, 2010
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II uMax , Tesoro Silver uMax, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
sorry did not think that picture was that big

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco has the best Mesh Pouch out there. It has 3 pockets one with a zipper for your goody's, one big one for your trash, and little one for other things.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:

Coin Sniper

Oct 16, 2012
Miami, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1 for John's bag. Very well built, great price and fast shipping. I use it for both wet and dry hunting. The zippers are easy to open and close, even when wearing gloves. I've thrown all kinds of sharp objects into it and it still looks like new. When dry hunting, I slide my Lesche and ProPointer sheathes onto the big, adjustable belt. Give this bag a shot. I'm certain that you will be just as pleased as I am. Good luck with whatever you decide and HH!

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
I use the one John makes above and it is heavy duty and plenty drain holes so drains fast. I hang my Stealth 720i on the left so it can handle some wieght. Here is a pic of the bag I bought from John

image-2907984261.jpg

Attachments

• image-3403307993.jpg
    image-3403307993.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well if you've had the same bag for 15 years I'd try to find a replacement. :laughing7: Otherwise I'd go with John's bag.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Kellyco one that I got free with a detector I bought about 7 years ago. Works great and still going strong.

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
Surprised only one pouch was mentioned in this thread. I go through many pouches through the year. Use the cheap vinyl stuff kellyco makes but not too impressed with their advertising on the outside like a billboard. I would say if they want someone to use their pouches then don't make it a traveling billboard. Been using them for years and love the bottom straps as I like to keep pouch open to easily slip pull tabs inside without unzipping or worrying if gonna spill from wave action. I may have to make my own now like I did my scoop. Jim.

abeach01

May 9, 2010
USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXCALIBUR X10
I admit I use johns bag to hold my snorkel and mask sometimes but do not like using it for finds without a bottom strap.

Samuelljackson

Dec 4, 2012
Fl
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, CTX3030, Propointer, Vibrabrobe, stealth scoop.
Primary Interest:
I partial to the Milspec bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread