Hello Everyone, Im Excited to Join the Beach/Shallow Water Community!!!

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Everyone, I'm Excited to Join the Beach/Shallow Water Community!!!

Hello guys and at least one gal (Lorraine),

I've been a long time follower (several years now) and have shared many of the joys of all of your finds. I've always wanted to be a water hunter and yesterday I received a Minelab Excal II in the mail and I am looking forward to joining you all in posting as much as I have in watching and learning. I admit, my hunting time will be limited due to my extensive amount of extracurricular activities and balancing medical school but hey, I love the hectic life and I believe I deserve some winding down from time to time which metal detecting definitely helps me achieve. First off, I plan to start hunting some of the fresh water lakes that are around me in central Texas and then possibly moving to some saltwater hunts this summer when I go visit my brother in Florida, he's a dolphin/killer whale trainer so with him I always have a place to stay near the beach and he'll be in the Keys this summer! I just wanted to say Hello and formally introduce myself to this community. You guys are awesome and this sub-forum is always a great community to visit!

In closing, and I feel this is appropriate, may your finds be as amazing as Gary Drayton and Whydah's and as numerous as Hammid's!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kleinerschmitter

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess to tell you all a little bit about myself, I'm a medical student at the TAMHSC COM, in July we will officially become a part of Texas A&M and become the Texas A&M College of Medicine. I walked on to Texas A&M's track team under Coach Henry for my undergrad and got my BS in Biochemistry and Chemistry. I've always lived in central Texas, I'm Christian, and am of German heritage. I'm the first generation of my family who doesn't speak German fluently and we moved from what was then called Prussia to Minnesota before finally settling down in Texas. My other hobbies include buying and selling coins on eBay (I turn a pretty good profit too), writing medical ethics articles in hopes of taking medicine out of the current consumer-product funk we're in and actually getting back to personalized medicine that builds relationships and I run a company I founded my sophomore year of college. Like I said earlier, I live a crazy hectic life but also love being outdoors and metal detecting accomplishes so many of my interests at once. For anyone interested, I'm not sure exactly what kind of doctor I want to be, I still have some time to decide, but I know some of my really high options are: General Surgeon, Emergency Medicine, Geriatrician, and Family Medicine.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome, and you have the right machine to get started with....:icon_thumright:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Welcome, Kleinerschmitter,

I wish you the very best in your Medical studies, and also in your detecting adventures!

Lorraine

p.s I sang with the Harugari German choral group in Ct . for a few years...lots of fun( and the food fest after the concerts were fantastic!)

Last edited:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck, but when are you going to get the time to M.D. and be an M.D.

OP
OP
kleinerschmitter

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Best of luck in Med School. If you're no longer in College Station, care to divulge your favorite and best places to hunt there?:)

Bill

I'm actually still in College Station at that fancy new medical school just west of campus. To be quite honest I really don't have any places to hunt in College Station, I always hunt when I go back home which is only ~45 min from here. I've hunted a couple of times here but usually it's on people's places I ask permission for and I currently don't have any lined up.

Im2stoked

Jan 23, 2013
Miami, FL
Detector(s) used
Excal II
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I know how you feel, my Excal comes in on friday!!!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Doctor Beach Hunter!

One - you have an awesome water machine! My husband loves his.

Two - you WILL make time to hunt now that you have this great machine.

Three - you WILL find silver and gold with the Excalibur!

Four - welcome to TNet and the beach forum.

HH (Happy Hunting),
Anita (another beach hunting gal)

P.S. Emergency Medicine is the way to go, Doc. Try for a residency at Shock Trauma or with "Red" Duke at UTexas Houston Med Center. (Just my opinion - spent many years working for an OB or in the EW in the Boston area).

gold4us

Aug 6, 2012
Kingsland, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Excalibur 800
Minelab SD2200
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello fellow Texan. I live in Central Texas, just 150 West of you. If you are ever in the Highland lakes area give me a shout.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! I have spent time in Dallas, Houston, Clear Lake, Alvin, Webster, Dickenson, and Galveston. I also did about 10-years as a Respiratory Therapy Tech. Have fun, and Big Gold to you! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread