Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sold your sand shark with a life time warrant and your thinking about buy Mk2 with 2 year warrant. Are you nuts ?? You want an VLF, don't buy an AT PRO. Don't get me wrong, the AT PRO is a very good VLF detector for fresh water only. Or you can buy an excel 2, very good detector in fresh or salt water, but cost 2.5 time more than all 3 of the other detectors. you can buy the AT PRO ,sand shark and Sea hunter mk2 for under $640. The excel 2 $1500.

OP
OP
G

guyfawks

Apr 16, 2013
Needed the cash at the time. Now thinking about the fisher cz 21, any thoughs. Thanks for replying... appreciate it

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CZ-21 is a VLF detector and won't go but about half the depth that the Sand Shark will go.

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
CZ-21 is a VLF detector and won't go but about half the depth that the Sand Shark will go.

Not sure I understand that one! I found a pull tab at 12" today in wet sand. Not being smart just looking for info here.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 inches is not very deep. I dig pennies at 18 inches with my sand shark

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron Lord is right of course. I've used all the water detectors except the JW. Fisher 6 and the Infinium. The pulse detectors are the deepest with the Excal and CZ-21 and older 20 next for deepest. But your best bet is the Sand Shark again and not the Sea Hunter. If you need the warranty its free for life.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
I just bought A CZ 21 to compare it to my Excal and it tested equally at the same depth. Don't sell the CZ short, it is a heck of a detector and can be bought for south of $1,000. and you won't have to dig all the trash on the beach.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

guyfawks

Apr 16, 2013
Will stay with the pulse detector, but the warranty for the sand shark is useless in the UK. May buy on again with the 10in coil. Anyone send me one from the states as a gift. Import duty is a killer

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other than having a life time warranty/price, would the Sand Shark still be the best bet, or would the Sea Hunter Mark ll be?

Last edited:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
I own a Sea Hunter, and it's as deep as the Sand Shark I tested it against. In addition the SH has changeable coils and headphones with the over size coil being 10 X 14. I talked to one of the divers last year at the Mel Fisher Museum and I asked him what detectors they were using now....answer, the Sea Hunter. After finding and still finding over $400 million in treasure I guess they can afford what works, so I bought a SH and not a bit sorry. Anybody can hunt with what they want, me, I like what the professionals use.

As for a comment made the a SS is twice as deep as a VLF...that is NOT the case or everybody would be using PI's

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread