Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early this morning I had a chance to water hunt with my CTX 3030 in front of a high end South Florida hotel. This emerald pendant is more than likely a piece of Atocha or Spanish 1715 fleet shipwreck jewelry, a raw 4-5 carat emerald in a gold wire bale pendant. I also found a 14K wedding band to add to the scrap pile.
HH Gary

Attachments

• wednesday gold.jpg
    wednesday gold.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 454
Upvote 0

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome, dude!

Metro Retro

Apr 8, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowza -- a piece of emerald rough and probably from the Atocha! I imagine that the caged setting is contemporary. A piece from the Atocha is on my bucket list, but I will enjoy your fabulous find vicariously. :)

s1u2r3f4

Oct 15, 2011
On the brink....
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II
Minelab Explorer ll
Sov Gt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early this morning I had a chance to water hunt with my CTX 3030 in front of a high end South Florida hotel. This emerald pendant is more than likely a piece of Atocha or Spanish 1715 fleet shipwreck jewelry, a raw 4-5 carat emerald in a gold wire bale pendant. I also found a 14K wedding band to add to the scrap pile.
HH Gary

Wow!!! Huge difference between your scrap pile and mine. Sweet find

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice emerald in the raw Gary... I have two or three of those which I purchased back in the late 80's from one of our local salvors. Prices were much more affordable then. If you want to get an idea how much raw emeralds cost today, go to Sedgwick's coins and check under Shipwreck Treasure listings.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
........................................ I'll swap ya scrap piles. :laughing7:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possibly Atocha, probably Columbian tourist item. Atocha gold was all natural, near 22-23 KT gold and much richer in color. The Spanish back then didn't use or amass the lower grades of emerald such as the one pictured. Go to Columbia, on the other hand and there are stores filled with wire-wrapped lower grade emeralds. Cool find, but I doubt it is an early piece.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Supa wicked Find!!! I'd trade 20 gold bands for that Greenie!!:notworthy::notworthy: Just out of control!!!
It so......Sick.... Iam vomiting Jealousy!!!! Congrats!!

BANNER!

SnT

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds Gary, love that emerald. The ctx is an awesome machine.:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions