Civil War Snake Buckle ( Complete ) / 1937 GOLD Class Ring

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
DSC_0013.JPG Three weeks ago, I found what I thought was a suspender clip....WRONG.... Although I knew it was old....I just put it into the brass goodies and didn't think much about it anymore... Today after a long day at the beach, I was getting silvers and a few small trinkets... It was when I was on my way back that I started to get the goods... It started with a Best Friends 14 K Gold Charm and chain...Monkey off the back, I could now relax a little... I saw that a friend had a small girls Gold ring and then another guy held up a small gold ring... I was getting anxious... I turned around, headed back, and then slowed to a snail pace... Back to the Brass piece from the other hunt... I was out in the water and got a low growl...I realy thought it was a small gold...Wrong again.... But I was very happy to see an 1860 Civil War SNAKE Belt Buckle sitting in the mud.... I knew exactly what I had when I saw it...and even better.... I had the other piece waiting for me on my desk back at home.... What are the chances? This hobby just keeps getting better...And so does the technology... My Minelab CTX 30 30 has paid for itself in just a couple weeks.... I also got 2 silver rings rite after that in a small area that looked a little deeper than the rest of the area... It proved to be the best area of all day... I got another growl down deep, and this time it was GOLD, it turned out to be a 1937 Gold 18K Class Ring ... it fell from my scoop onto the mud.... I couldn't pick it up fast enough... It has the most unusual stone... It seems to be flesh color? any Ideas? I also scored one more Gold piece, it was the star of david charm... It was also marked 14 K... There were a lot of silver coins today too... I also had 3 silver bracelets way out deep... ... Thanks for looking and good luck out there... There is still more to be found.... 1937 School Ring (1).JPG Civil War Belt Buckle.JPG Gold from cut (2).JPG Gold from cut (3).JPG Ring 20.JPG

Upvote 0

SNF101480

Mar 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been doing great with the CTX 3030, congratulations!

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
I was going to say unbelievable but outstanding says it better! Guess it pays to never throw away your trash..... that is one real nice belt buckle congrats! The class ring is really nice but I have no idea what stone that could be but it is a looker on that ring. Keep it up, I'm slowly being swayed towards a 3030......
Could the stone be Amber or Argonite?

Cliff

Last edited:

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Terrific finds! CONGRATS! (again) :hello2::hello2::hello2:

That snake buckle is very intriguing. I've seen and read about them...it's the kind of find that really turns me on..and I believe it belongs on the Banner.

Anyone else agree with me?

saxon

Mar 10, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Excal II, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love that snake buckle! Coolest find I've seen from the cut.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! That buckle looks good

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice batch of goods off that hunted out beach. :-)

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Whydah, got to get me one of those 3030's.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions