Footwear for Florida beach hunting

occy

Oct 21, 2012
St Aug
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal sword
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What do you guys wear? I have been going barefoot in the warm months but at the end of the day my feet hurt from digging and just walking. I have found enough gold now that I guess I don't care what I look like anymore. Considering a pair of those water-sock things, just wondering if they are comfortable and keep the small sharp shells out?
Cold days I wear boots or wetsuit boots and they do fine.

Upvote 0

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the water dive boots. Some places where visibility is bad I will wear a pair of sting ray guards. The guards cost less than a trip to emergency room.
In the dry sand hiking boots for the added arch and ankle support.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been wearing slippers, and last night I was wearing sneakers. Each time I go in the water the sand grinds off a layer or so of skin off my feet. It gets darned painful!

So, per the recommendation of Slider66, I just ordered a pair of these. Total cost delivered = $47.33

My LL Bean shirts lasted 20 years! I visited their store in Portland in '87 and loaded up on clothes. It was a great store then, glad to see they're still in business!

I certainly hope these help!

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
I greatly enjoy my pair of water shoes by Mares, these ones specifically. I wear them with socks, no sand gets in this way and I had no troubles on a four hour beach hunt lately.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you guys wear? I have been going barefoot in the warm months but at the end of the day my feet hurt from digging and just walking. I have found enough gold now that I guess I don't care what I look like anymore. Considering a pair of those water-sock things, just wondering if they are comfortable and keep the small sharp shells out?
Cold days I wear boots or wetsuit boots and they do fine.

Barefoot here in FL in the summer. I'd rather feel the stingray's wing and quickly jump off of it, than stand on it blindly and get jabbed.

Also, going barefoot lets me feel the texture and hardness of the bottom which is extremely helpful.

In the winter I wear booties.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are the brand Keen. Yes, you will get some sand in them, especially if in the water, but not too much. I wear a pair of white med low-cut cotton socks rolled down. When wearing the socks, you do not notice the little bit of sand much. :thumbsup:

you can google keen aquastop go to images, forth row down is the only place I could find these. I have had 10 years.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread