Beach and river hunting in Maryland ,Sharks !!

kevin hoffman

Sep 7, 2012
cambridge md
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just playing with my camera ,would like to show off some new and old finds. the kids have raided my sharks teeth, the arrow heads are recent ,please give opinions on the axe looking stone and the round stone ,my wife says the round stone is just a rock ,but it was "worked " quite a bit, and I read they used a sling and had pictures of similar rocks ,I also picked up one that appears to have an image of a deer , still cleaning that one and half is really weathered.

Attachments

• arrow heads 024.jpg
    arrow heads 024.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 206
  • arrow heads 025.jpg
    arrow heads 025.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 177
  • arrow heads 026.jpg
    arrow heads 026.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 213
  • arrow heads 030.jpg
    arrow heads 030.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 218
  • arrow heads 017.jpg
    arrow heads 017.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 211
  • arrow heads 002.jpg
    arrow heads 002.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 216
  • arrow heads 009.jpg
    arrow heads 009.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 209
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Some great looking shark toofers...I was with the Grandkids this past saturday in Lusby picking them off the shore. Nothing as big as yours.. OBN0040.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live at the shark bite capital of the world, spend most of my time in the water with my head down eying the bottom and I have yet to find a single one, not even in my scoop. :dontknow:

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live at the shark bite capital of the world, spend most of my time in the water with my head down eying the bottom and I have yet to find a single one, not even in my scoop. :dontknow:
Bring a couple of your books over here and I will fill your scoop.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS: If you find a shark tooth it is not likely to be found on the ocean bottom or in your scoop.
It would most likely be in your bottom especially if you are wearing their favorite color(s): Oh Boy Orange /Yum Yum Yellow.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've always wanted to find a shark tooth,just one, but the area of Florida we go to isn't known for them washing up on the beach and I'm NOT going in the water.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bulls and tigers are the 2 most dangerous in florida right

VERODIGDUG

May 13, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulls and tigers are notorious on all beaches for attacks. Just last year we had a big tiger hit a tourist on my home beach. She lived but unfortunately lost her leg. Could've been a lot worse if it wasn't for the first responders. Majority of attacks down here and the world over are mistaken identity. Just so happens the bulls and tigers are super aggressive so if you happen to be in a schooling area, mistakes can and do happen. Aside from tigers and bulls we have a lot of shark species which migrate throughout the year. These migrations include hundreds of sharks so the chances of getting hit during those times of the year greatly increase. Spinners and lemons are usually all over the place. I've been out surfing during the migrations and have shared a wave on more than one occasion with several spinner sharks. I've lived and surfed all over the world and you just have to always be aware that in the ocean...you are not at the top of the food chain.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bulls and tigers are notorious on all beaches for attacks. Just last year we had a big tiger hit a tourist on my home beach. She lived but unfortunately lost her leg. Could've been a lot worse if it wasn't for the first responders. Majority of attacks down here and the world over are mistaken identity. Just so happens the bulls and tigers are super aggressive so if you happen to be in a schooling area, mistakes can and do happen. Aside from tigers and bulls we have a lot of shark species which migrate throughout the year. These migrations include hundreds of sharks so the chances of getting hit during those times of the year greatly increase. Spinners and lemons are usually all over the place. I've been out surfing during the migrations and have shared a wave on more than one occasion with several spinner sharks. I've lived and surfed all over the world and you just have to always be aware that in the ocean...you are not at the top of the food chain.

Lemons been called sandbar sharks

OP
OP
K

kevin hoffman

Sep 7, 2012
cambridge md
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sharks teeth shown are fossils from the calvert cliffs, i believe they are from the miocene era ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread