tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday morning while I was out and attempting to recover what turned out to be a bottle cap I felt a reverberation in the handle of my scoop. When I pulled the scoop out of the water I could see that the top welds had cracked and seperated. SOB!!!!

This morning I decided to just do dry sand hunting until I can get my big diamond head repaired.

Scored 84 coins not counting the ones that were in really bad shape. A dollar bill and a small 1 gram 18K disc. It appears to have been connected to something if you check the near 6 O'clock positon and has a name engraved on the opposite side.

Thanks for looking and good luck out there!

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_0248.JPG
    IMG_0248.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 348
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your scoop. Maybe with all that beautiful water you have to hunt, its time for a backup scoop?

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
I'll have to check my diamond head for cracks. Hope this isn't a common issue. Fantastic coin count.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'd be Dirt Digging in IN. that would be a good Day. Slumps are just the bottom of cycle and the only way is up. HH Hunter.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Sorry for a really bad break with your scoop. Still you got gold so not terrible. Maybe now would be a good time to order that new scoop and fix the other as a backup for times such as these. Keep the Gold finds coming.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking disc or pendant. That bottom is hard on scoops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread