Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex
PulseDive pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my co-workers have enjoyed me running my mouth about metal detecting and I have taken a little playful crap about it, until today.

Sitting at lunch with a crowd, yapping about this and that. Conversation comes around to me and the new hobby. The boys give me a hard time until, the smokin hot blonde that's half my age speaks up and says; wish you had been with me a few years ago, my husband lost his wedding band in the water on our anniversary, I would have easily paid you or anyone with a detector $400.00 to find the ring, it had been the family 4 generations!"

Yep, no more crap from the peanut gallery!!!

I told them from what I know from reading here that there would be a lot of folks willing to help for free. Just for the challenge of the hunt.

Upvote 0

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different strokes for different folks, some are able and willing to help for free.
Others, need to earn a fair return on efforts expended and cost of equipment.
Some share their knowledge. others are secretive. The descision should be yours to make not what others tell you to do. After all, if they have strong beliefs, there is nothing stopping them from helping her with the reward - Now that would be a true test.

It would really be great, if the ring was still there and you were able to find it.
Especially if you accepted the reward and used it to host a party/banquet to clebrate the finding and return of the wedding band with her and your close friends/family. I bet a some of your co-workers would be scrambling to buy metal detector(s), after finding out.:occasion14:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread