OUTLAW SUBMARINER Metal Detector/Waterproof/Under Water/Submersible/Scuba -REVIEWS???

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive been detecting for about 2 months with a Bounty Hunter discovery 2200. I love my machine, i practically stole it from a pawn shop and its been great for me ever since. My coil is water proof, but not my complete unit. I went to a local beach last week with my friend and we detected the sand and parking areas and stuff. The ranger came by and said, "yall need to be out there in the water, thats where the old man finds all his stuff (aparently including a ring valued over 3k)". He goes out there during the summer at least once a week. So, now my curiosity is towards a water proof, submergable detector. Whats the porblem you ask, well i dont have a lot of money to throw down on a completely different detector right now. BUT, i want to start hunting underwater too. So i got on trusty ole Ebay and found this model, New Outlaw Submariner Metal Detector Waterproof Under Water Submersible Scuba | eBay . Ive only found one review so far online about it, which was a positive review. You can BUY it Now for 180. Has anyone ever tried this detector, or any other lower valued water proof detecors??? Im thinking for less than 200, it will take just a few great finds to pay for it (making the wife feel better of course, lol) and then the rest is gravy. I mean, where i plan to water hunt its strictly for profitable gain. Its not like relic hunting on land where something of no value is still awesome because of its history. Where i plan to go in water, itll just be for the thrill of finding jewelry and clad. Im sure theres a bunch of other sweet suff down in there but thats not relavent to me at this time. What are yall thoughts? All opinions are fine with me, lol..I know ill hear "you get what you pay for" lol

Upvote 0

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
That's a typical China made detector. Maybe you find reviews for the Cobra Beach Magnet, that's probably more or less the same machine with a different name. If I remember right there are a few reviews here on TNet for the Cobra. Personally I wouldn't buy and use it for diving or underwater hunting and would prefer buying a used brand name detector. Good luck!

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fireford: Stick to the dry sand where your detector works well. Over time, you will find enough to be able to purchase a name brand waterproof metal detector. During this time, work on developing your skills and strategies for where you detect and will be detecting. Use this time wisely to determine your needs and forge your goals. This is a good time to determine if you need a detector which discriminates or if you are a dig it all type as this will determine which type of detectory you should upgrade to. You can easily determine this by hunting in all metal/pinpoint mode with the bounty hunter and see if it works for you.

Why waste precious time and money buying a marginal no name metal detector, with little, if any resale value. The one good review was probably from the person trying to unload it. It takes time to learn and develop needed skills. There is a learning curve, which is unique to each individual. You will instinctively know when you are ready.

"When you cannot afford it to begin with, Price does not matter"!

Last edited:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your 2200 is all you need for drysand! load up on drysand rings and then buy a multi freq or pi machine designed for use in saltwater.
the outlaw/cobra beach magnet is not your best bet at all!
chuck.

OP
OP
F

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks yall. Just in the matter of 2 months, I've put in a TON of hours with my BH so far. Day, night, yards, parks, schools, beach, and my fire station, lol. Im typicaly an all metal digger, or at least everything above iron. When i finally get to relic hunt at an old homested or property ill most likely be digging everything, including iron. The problem with the beach is that it gets hit, a lot aparently. Now, we all know that dosent mean theres not treasure there, but these are man made beaches. They bring in sand and spread it, on the banks of local lakes at state parks. So, my better odds at finding some cool jewelry and more coins is probably at the waters edge or furthur out (theres no tides, just boat traffic) since when it falls down to bottom it will typically stay there.
Theres only ONE guy i know of near ONE lake of many, that has a detector that you can wade out there with. So the oppurtunity for me to find stuff is there for sure.

"when you can not afford it to begin with, price does not matter" lmao. so true.
"It takes time to learn and develop needed skills. There is a learning curve, which is unique to each individual. You will instinctively know when you are ready."......Im a fast learner, and im ready (or maybe just eager, i get confused, :laughing7:).
So heres what im thinking im going to do. Wait a bit, and sell a couple of tactical shotguns ive been building, and put it toward a good middle of the road used detector in good condition. Maybe 300-400?? or am i still being a cheap a$$, lol?? Who knows, maybe while im waiting ill dig something of modern value that ill part with and help pay for it. So in the mean time for a fresh water hunter like myself, what kind should i start dreaming about??

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't waste your time and money!!! save up and get the right detector for the water!
Take good care of it and it will take care of you!

SnT

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are hunting freshwater, get an AT pro...it is a killer freshwater machine...you can get a new one for 500 and a used for around 400...it will pay for itself faster than you think.

OP
OP
F

fireford10

Apr 4, 2013
Bossier City, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are hunting freshwater, get an AT pro...it is a killer freshwater machine...you can get a new one for 500 and a used for around 400...it will pay for itself faster than you think.

Thank you for the advice! You wanna sell yours?? Lol. I'll start looking at those too

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay with the name brands if you want to get the depth on the beach and in the water.

Wayne

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fireford,
A few years back I got a Cobra (same machine) on a Bogo Sale through KellyCo for guest and friends to use so I can tell you quite a bit about them. If you don't care about finding deeper targets and you don't mind not being able to detect all but the shallowest gold, then they do work, but that's really about the extent of it. Up to a point you get what you pay for in this hobby, the Cobra will get you about half the performance as any quality built detector designed for the beach environment. If I were you I'd exercise patience and try to stick to a machine that you will have some confidence in as that is 90% of the game in the first place. There's nothing worse then hunting with a machine that you know may not be up to the task and that you have little confidence in.

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reply moved to start a new thread because of it's lenght and generic approach.

Last edited:

tinazen

Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold metal detectors canbe called vehicle inspection which have a good function of detecting metals and even some potential danger signals. They can bring much safety and convenience to people's life. We have to admit that the advanced technology always gives us surprise and joy.

Last edited by a moderator:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gold metal detectors canbe called vehicle inspection which have a good function of detecting metals and even some potential danger signals. They can bring much safety and convenience to people's life. We have to admit that the advanced technology always gives us surprise and joy.

407kk.gif

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could buy a Vibra-probe underwater pin-pointer and a snorkle and mask,all for about$175-$200 and find stuff that way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread