A couple hrs. hunt this afternoo....vintage cabinet door knob and clads; that was it.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:

Got out too late for a full low tide hunt, but managed to keep on those "muddy flats".

Hunted mainly around troughs...will get back there tomorrow pre- low tide for hopefully a more productive hunt.

I do like the vintage cabinet door knob design; here is some info about scroll design work
that I found in researching this item:

( Scrollwork is an element of ornamentation and graphic design using a spiral. The name comes from by the supposed resemblance to the edge-on view of a rolled parchment scroll. "Scrollwork" is today mostly used in popular language for two-dimensional decorative flourishes and arabesques of all kinds, especially those using circular or spiralling shapes. However the term "scroll" is more likely to mean a more regular decorative pattern based on incomplete circles and spirals, often using foliage forms. Such patterns were an essential element of classical and medieval decoration. Scrollwork (in the popular definition) is most commonly associated with Baroque Architecture, though it saw uses in almost every decorative application, including furniture, metalwork, porcelain and engraving. Applications of scrollwork can be seen in the volutes at the head of an Ionic column and the carved scroll at the end of the pegbox on members of the violin family. It was further extended in Mannerism into strapwork, which often terminated in scrolls. Continuous scroll decoration has a far longer history.

Here's a couple of pics

Thanks for looking

Good luck out there

Lorraine

DSCF2264.JPG

DSCF2268.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
:headbang:

Interesting knob! GRAY MATTER :tongue3: HH

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lorraine: It definitely appears to be vintage. IIRC, I have seen this pattern on a package of high end cabinet pull knobs at Home De Pot, or Habitat for Humanity. If so, it is probable the supplier copied this vintage design.
On a lighter side, it is closer to the search pattern that I leave on the beach when I find a quarter/ gray matter in search of the coin line than the pattern Surf Digger leaves on the beach when he Spirals out (just kidding - not).
" A scoop in time saves nine"

OP
OP
lorraine

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
SirGC, thank you for the info
I just knew that I had seen that pattern somewhere before :laughing9:

Yup, an MD pattern for sure...and if one looks closely, one can see several tiny mounds of sand remnants from covering up the holes... why, this knob could have belonged to a MD'ers ancestor...maybe one of my ancestors!:hello2::laughing7:

Lorraine

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CSMPEREZ

Sep 9, 2012
St. Pete, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 and II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lo, you always find the neatest stuff. Good job!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a shelf that I put interesting finds on and that knob would be another addition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread