bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found Sunday it has dason 10k I am not sure if the stone is real or not I knew it was gold when I picked it out of scoop made the rest of the hunt a little better I was hoping to find another.

image-1337262621.jpg

image-1383491496.jpg

image-317193117.jpg

image-2804256675.jpg

Upvote 0

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ring, those first two pictures threw me off....lighting I guess but that is a real looker of a ring, congrats!

Cliff

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beautiful find, BD 55; and nice clean and shine ( or is that the lighting? )

Lorraine

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find: Blue diamond. You got the color right but not stone "the Hope diamond is still on display at the Smithsonian". As you may already know: 10 karat gold is 41.7% Au - the legal limit for 'real' gold in USA

Out of curiosity, I did a little research on your find. The closest I could find to your ring was sold at auction on eBay on 12/04/2011. Up for bid is a resent Estate Auction find, a Vintage 1940's SIGNED DASON 4ct Blue Sapphire 10k Solid Yellow Gold Men's Ring in MINT PERFECT PRISTINE CONDITION ! This ring is stamped “DASON” the trademark used by Davidson & Sons, New York established in 1936. This Heavy 7.6 Gram (0.26 Ounce) Over 1/4 Ounce Vintage Original 1940's 10k Solid Yellow Gold Ring is set with a Fantastic LARGE 4ct 10x8mm Blue Sapphire with the most Vibrant BRIGHT BLUE COLOR and PERFECT CLARITY & LUSTER . This sapphire is a Rectangular Step Cut that is beautifully faceted and really sparkles in the light. The gemstone tests as a sapphire on a Presidium Gem Tester and a reflectometer but still could be a very high quality lab grown sapphire . The gemstone has not been removed from the setting for testing so we cannot say definitively it is a natural sapphire as it is most likely a very high quality lab grown sapphire. A Lab Grown Sapphire has the exact same physical, optical, and chemical properties of a Natural Sapphire meaning it is as hard and scratch resistant. This S apphire is in PERFECT PRISTINE CONDITION free of any chips, nicks, cracks, or scratches. This Wonderful Original Vintage 1940's ring has a great sleek highly polished mirror finish with beautiful raised step details on the shoulders. The sapphire is held securely by a complete bezel. Evidently, they are still in business as you can buy their jewlery on Blue Nile and at Sears.

Wish it was me, who found it (sigh)!
HH Sir Gala Clad

Last edited:

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Nice ring there. Lot of weight. If stone is real, auction off on ebay for top dollar, or start a collection. There is nothing like finding something like that.

By the color of the ring in your first pic, its been there a looong time. Stones probably real. Can't wait for update. Take to jeweler for appraisal.

What do you use for a machine?

hh an gl -Joe

Found Sunday it has dason 10k I am not sure if the stone is real or not I knew it was gold when I picked it out of scoop made the rest of the hunt a little better I was hoping to find another.

View attachment 791338

View attachment 791339

View attachment 791340

View attachment 791341

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring you have found. Wonder if it could be a Iolite instead of Sapphire?

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Such a cool ring!

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring there. Lot of weight. If stone is real, auction off on ebay for top dollar, or start a collection. There is nothing like finding something like that.

By the color of the ring in your first pic, its been there a looong time. Stones probably real. Can't wait for update. Take to jeweler for appraisal.

What do you use for a machine?

hh an gl -Joe

Excalibur ll 300 dfx whites

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your find: Blue diamond. You got the color right but not stone "the Hope diamond is still on display at the Smithsonian". As you may already know: 10 karat gold is 41.7% Au - the legal limit for 'real' gold in USA

Out of curiosity, I did a little research on your find. The closest I could find to your ring was sold at auction on eBay on 12/04/2011. Up for bid is a resent Estate Auction find, a Vintage 1940's SIGNED DASON 4ct Blue Sapphire 10k Solid Yellow Gold Men's Ring in MINT PERFECT PRISTINE CONDITION ! This ring is stamped “DASON” the trademark used by Davidson & Sons, New York established in 1936. This Heavy 7.6 Gram (0.26 Ounce) Over 1/4 Ounce Vintage Original 1940's 10k Solid Yellow Gold Ring is set with a Fantastic LARGE 4ct 10x8mm Blue Sapphire with the most Vibrant BRIGHT BLUE COLOR and PERFECT CLARITY & LUSTER . This sapphire is a Rectangular Step Cut that is beautifully faceted and really sparkles in the light. The gemstone tests as a sapphire on a Presidium Gem Tester and a reflectometer but still could be a very high quality lab grown sapphire . The gemstone has not been removed from the setting for testing so we cannot say definitively it is a natural sapphire as it is most likely a very high quality lab grown sapphire. A Lab Grown Sapphire has the exact same physical, optical, and chemical properties of a Natural Sapphire meaning it is as hard and scratch resistant. This S apphire is in PERFECT PRISTINE CONDITION free of any chips, nicks, cracks, or scratches. This Wonderful Original Vintage 1940's ring has a great sleek highly polished mirror finish with beautiful raised step details on the shoulders. The sapphire is held securely by a complete bezel. Evidently, they are still in business as you can buy their jewlery on Blue Nile and at Sears.

HH Sir Gala Clad

I know blue diamond and I am not 55 lol Thanks for info on the ring

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

HH Sir Gala Clad

I know blew diamond lol thanks for the info on the ring

OP
OP
bluediamounds 55

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful find, BD 55; and nice clean and shine ( or is that the lighting? )

Lorraine

The first two pic was before I wiped it down with tarn-x

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for getting you name wrong bluediamounds.
When I saw your post, and the large blue sapphire it brought back memories of the HOPE blue diamond (consider bad luck for those who owned it) on display at the Smithsonian. My edited reply came out strange, as it became garbled looking like it was written in a different language when I underlined and bold faced Davidson & Sons. I also highlighted that this Sapphire is most likely a very high quality lab grown sapphire, which the add danced around. It would definitely be near the top of my bucket list of desired items to find.

dven55

Greenie
May 10, 2013
Marietta, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Will be an At pro!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
synthetic....not genuine....Sapphire is up there on the mohs scale of hardness diamond being a 10...sapp I believe is an 8.5... would never scratch on the table facets ...what i can tell is that they are worn...which indicates a synthetic to me.... have 30 years in the jewelry biz...it would be a good idea to visit your local jeweler to confirm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread